Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need some advice…Transitioning

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, I'm not really sure where to post this so... yeah.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or information regarding how I feel. I generally dislike the way I feel, and while I don't think I'm horribly depressed, it does feel that way sometimes...
I think I've just generally bottled these feelings up and it's just been pretty toxic lately. I've been debating with myself to look into transitioning for so long, but moving into my third year of University, I just don't know...

I feel happier imagining myself as the woman in a relationship (to put it honestly). I'm just having a hard time thinking about it and I really don't know where to start...

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hi Valtyra,

Thank you for sharing this. It sounds like you are going through a tough situation. You said that you've bottled your feelings up, so it's really brave and great that you are posting in this forum and looking for advice. You said you don't know where to start which is difficult for many people. We have an article about transitioning on The Site here - this offers advice so it might be helpful to read. If you want to seek further support The Beaumont Society offers a 24/7 information line and they can help direct you some resources. Their number is 01582 412220.

Feel free to keep posting here if you want to talk some more :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Hey. Thanks for the info. I'm going to my uni therapists tomorrow to see if there's anything they can do, like point me in the right direction. I was looking at the Nottingham Centre for Gender Dysphoria. So, I'll ask my GP about that as well. I'm pretty terrified about actually asking, but it's a good thing in the end...
  • Options
    Hi Valtyra, Its really good to hear that you will try to see the university therapist and also ask your GP. As you say it can be super scary to open up about this but well done for doing it and remember these people are professional. It will really help you to understand your feelings better, and this willl help in long term to deal with everything in a positive way. Good luck *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks. I found out the gender clinic near me doesn't need any psych Eval, so I've been referred by my gp instead. The waiting list is... A year, apparently :(

It seems that they'll reduce that time for people living full time as their gender. Unfortunately for me, I haven't come out, so that's pretty hard.

Does anyone have any advice with subtly transitioning? I'd really love to speed it up at least a little bit, but yeah... I think I'll be buying some androgynous clothes soon to try and slowly transition across...
  • Options
    Good to hear you're on a waiting list at least - well done for pursuing help in this. If that's ok i edited your post title to get the attention of those people who may have advice on this topic *hug*
  • Options
    That's completely okay!