Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tingling- should I be concerned or is it nothing?

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
I feel bad for posting as I regularly use themix and everyone probably thinks I'm a hypochondriac :( but I'm really worried and don't know where else to go.....I don't want to go to the doctors unnecessarily so I thought I'd post here.

So I've had tingling down my right side of my body in the past- normally in bed so I put it down to the way I am lying or my pillows. I'm an awful one for wearing my pillows down on one side and yes they aren't the best. I've been experiencing tingling down my right side of my body a lot more frequently recently and it makes it hard for me to sleep. Now I've just been putting it down to my pillows recently as in the past it only started when lying down but its now happening also when I am sitting (and occuring regularly in the past few weeks).

Now I am very worried, one night I did the FACE test on myself, cause I thought maybe its a sign of a stroke- but I could do all the things okay and I just told myself to not be stupid. I am still telling myself and its probably nothing, but now I'm worried I have something seriously wrong with me......then I remembered my auntie has MS and I have had thoughts maybe its early signs for me :S .......I am so worried, but I don't want to go to doctors unnecessarily, is this silly, what should I do??

I'm really sorry for taking up the boards with my post (that is probably and hopefully nothing) but I'm so worried and don't know where to turn.

Just to confirm its just tingling and it goes down my full right side when it comes on, mostly down my arm, hands, legs and feet but I think I can feel it slightly in my face too :( It's occuring almost every day now at somepoint

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I haven't even been lying down since this morning and it came on again not too long ago, and it just won't go away, I have the feeling right now, and I thought it would go away if I started walking and it's not. It's so annoying and frustrating :S my hands, feet and limbs are the worst. I can still move but it feels like I've been lying funny and the circulation is gone on that one side, like when I walk my body doesn't feel right :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest it does not sound like anything but if it is concerning you then you need to talk to your mum or gp about it x
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey apandav,

Thanks for posting this thread. You're welcome to post about anything that you'd like to talk about with the community and at any time you'd like to here at The Mix :)

You were saying the other day that you're really worried about tingling that goes down your full right side and that it's occurring every day now at some point. Sounds like your concerned about it, how long has it been going on for? You were saying that you're worried and didn't know where to turn. How are you feeling today and have you been able to speak to any one else about your concerns?

Let us know how you're getting on :)
    Thanks everyone for replying, I got new pillows - and things have improved greatly, not getting this regularly and my sleep has improved. Sorry I probably over- reacted, please bear in mind I do have anxiety issues.....

I always wear my pillows down on one side really quickly and I feel bad as my last set of pillows didn't last long.....oh well at least I feel reassured now!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Again Amanda,

I'm happy to hear that this aspect of your life is also getting better for you too x
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    apandav wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for replying, I got new pillows - and things have improved greatly, not getting this regularly and my sleep has improved. Sorry I probably over- reacted, please bear in mind I do have anxiety issues.....

I always wear my pillows down on one side really quickly and I feel bad as my last set of pillows didn't last long.....oh well at least I feel reassured now!!!

This is quite interesting; I never realised worn pillows could have this sort of effect!

I don't think you overreacted. I can imagine this sort of thing is quite scary, and it's always wise to be sure on these things and get them checked out. Glad to hear all is good, now. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike wrote: »

This is quite interesting; I never realised worn pillows could have this sort of effect!

I don't think you overreacted. I can imagine this sort of thing is quite scary, and it's always wise to be sure on these things and get them checked out. Glad to hear all is good, now. :)

I think its cause they make me lie a certain way, I got that feeling last night but I think its cause I was lying in a strange position, I am (mostly) a side sleeper so thats probably why. Glad I'm not overreacting :)