Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So now that England are out, who do you want to win?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well I'm from Spain so no doubts there.

But failing that I'd like to see Senegal or South Korea win it (fat chance but talk about shocks!).

Don't want Turkey or Germany to win it, although I want the Germans to beat the US.

At the end of the day Brazil will probably take it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As far as I'm concerned the World Cup ended today. The remainder of the tournament is just for the history books...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    As far as I'm concerned the World Cup ended today. The remainder of the tournament is just for the history books...

Agreed, I'm done and dusted with it now, good luck to all left in it except the Germans, but frankly I don't care, roll on August :)
  • Options
    Glad to see you guys are good losers and your irrepressible love of the game..

See my sig and avatar for a clue to who I want to win.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Glad to see you guys are good losers and your irrepressible love of the game..

I can live with losing. It happens but why should I want one nation above another to win, after England have gone out? I will watch the football because the World Cup is a spectacle, but I don't care who wins now.

I really struggle to find any reason why I would want someone other than England to win, even now. Except perhaps an emnity for the Germans.
  • Options
    Sorry, i must have misread your post..I thought you meant that you wouldnt be watching it anymore...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Sorry, i must have misread your post..I thought you meant that you wouldnt be watching it anymore...

I though you had.

I love football (as you suggested) and will watch hundreds of matches a year regardless of whether I care about the result.

It wasn't that long ago that I started a thread asking if football was art, because I truly believe it is, and a beautiful artform at that...I get more pleasure from watching Brazil (other than today ;)) than I would from Michaelangelo's painting in the Sistine Chapel, there is something about a defence splitting pass, or a perfect cross which is pure art. I feel more passion from the Korea/Italy game than from any scupture or painting I have ever seen...

Besides it's either that or Big fucking Brother :D
  • Options
    I'm a terrible loser and whats more my opinion that alot of small name nations are left been good has now changed seems as we are out, Turkey v Senegal doesn't get the adrenalin pumping quite like Italy v Argentina. I will be watching, but the 'x' factor has gone, not caring who wins means alot of the magic isn't there.
  • Options
    My interest has now diminished and I agree with MoK As far as I'm concerned the World Cup ended today. The remainder of the tournament is just for the history books... but if Germany win it...oh my fucking life. I think id be more gutted than i was yesterday morning. Would be nice if Brazil won, so we could say we were knocked out by the winners. Turkey beating them 5-0 would be devastating for English football!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    ... not caring who wins means alot of the magic isn't there.

True but then there is the golden goal scenerio. Watching games like Sweden vs Senegal when both teams go to win it in extra team makes the football brilliant as a neutral. I hate it as a fan - whenever the opposite team go forward you feel nervous...

I don't want Germany to win it :mad: They don't deserve it. We beat em 5-1 away in the qualifiers! South Korea have looked alright but really aren't worthy of winning the thing. No win situation in that semi final for me then. Brazil should see off Turkey. There's something about Turkey that really puts me off em :confused: I'll still watch em though if not only to laugh at Hakan Suker (oh dear God! Who saw Turkey/Senegal today?!) Brazil are the best team in it and I'll think they'll win it.

I want more Premiership football :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    I'll still watch em though if not only to laugh at Hakan Suker (oh dear God! Who saw Turkey/Senegal today?!)

Fucking hilarious wasn't it. He's really had a crap tournament hasn't he? Talk about living on a reputation...

Now I've said this, watch the fucker score three against Brazil!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Fucking hilarious wasn't it. He's really had a crap tournament hasn't he? Talk about living on a reputation...

Now I've said this, watch the fucker score three against Brazil!

Assuming he's selected for the match, that is.:D :rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    Don't worry theres only another 4 years to wait!!:( :(:(:(