Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

depression and esa

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really need some advice. I'm not sure what to do anymore. My partner is diagnosed with depression and anxiety. She's on esa support group. We now have two children both under the age of 1. She's really not coping and Im having to stay at home now to watch the kids because she can't do it. She's having suicidal thoughts and is spending most of the time in bed. What do I do and how can I stay at home but still earn money?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi @brent and welcome to the boards :wave:

I've moved your post over into our Home, Law & Money section.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation; it sounds really difficult. I wonder if you have considered getting in touch with Citizens Advice or the Money Advice Service? Either of these may be able to offer advice relevant to your situation.

Are you currently getting any form of support with regards to taking care of your partner and children?

Do let us know how you get on :)
    Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about you are going through together as a family at the moment, especially with having two children under the age of 1 however it's really good of you to post here and ask for some support.

Personally, I do not think that you should leave work and get paid for staying at home!, despite your partner suffering with depression. If this is diagnosed, is she receiving professional help and support?

Hannah
    You can only earn a certain amount of money before her ESA is affected. You need to talk to someone at the job centre who can advise you on this.