Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Update: Clinical Psychology Appointment

12346»

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    More stress :( I put on a bit of weight due to binging for comfort I'm still finding hard to control!amyways mum doesn't know and just thinking I'm putting on weight for being unhealthy......it's not that simpe. Anyways she's convinced me to join slimming world but as great an idea as it is, it's too much, I'm trying to make lots of changes as it is, it's not the right time for me :( it will make me more stressed but I can't tell her about the emotional eating!!!
    Mike wrote: »
    Hey apandav,

I just wanted to drop in and say massive props to you for getting in touch with Samaritans today, even though it sounds like you had a super rough morning. Nice to hear you found some sanctuary in the library, too. :)

Honestly? No. It could seem childish when you compare it to what we would usually consider a rational response, but when we're under a lot of pressure or emotions are running high then we can do things that, in hindsight, might seem uncalled for, but are ultimately justified by the way we were feeling in that moment. The main thing to bear in mind with this is that nothing can really be considered unreasonable if it feels right at the time. After all, we can't help our feelings, right? :)

It sounds like you've got a pretty good mindset with regards to trying to get support and helping yourself too, even though doing that sounds like it's coming with a lot of baggage. Credit where it's due - you're doing really well. :yes:

Hoping you're doing a little better *hug*

Thanks Mike I really do appreciate it :) feels good to talk it out, all be it online. I tend to bottle a lot up :/
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Aw, I'm glad it feels good to talk about it. :) Having some form of outlet is certainly important, and as long as it works for you then it doesn't necessarily matter if it's happening online or face to face.

I think most people would agree that it's perfectly reasonable to feel like joining slimming world (or having to deal with any extra thing at this stage) is too much, to be honest. What makes you feel unable to tell your mum about your emotional eating? You're right in picking up on the fact that it needs to be the right time for you rather than anyone else. :yes:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike wrote: »
    Aw, I'm glad it feels good to talk about it. :) Having some form of outlet is certainly important, and as long as it works for you then it doesn't necessarily matter if it's happening online or face to face.

I think most people would agree that it's perfectly reasonable to feel like joining slimming world (or having to deal with any extra thing at this stage) is too much, to be honest. What makes you feel unable to tell your mum about your emotional eating? You're right in picking up on the fact that it needs to be the right time for you rather than anyone else. :yes:

I feel I can't tell her because, she would say why haven't I told her when things are bothering me. My parents want me to tell them everything.....I just want to avoid getting into it with her. And all my binging was in secret and I'd quite often buy stuff from the shops- I feel ashamed!!!
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Apandav,

Sounds like a tough situation to be in, it's really good that you're talking it through on the boards though. That's Ok to feel as though you can't tell your mum about the emotional eating, have you been able to speak to anyone else about whats been going on?

You were saying that you feel ashamed about binging in secret and buying stuff from the shops. What's causing you to feel ashamed about this?

It's really positive that you feel able to to speak to us about what's happening. :)
    Steph wrote: »
    Hey Apandav,

Sounds like a tough situation to be in, it's really good that you're talking it through on the boards though. That's Ok to feel as though you can't tell your mum about the emotional eating, have you been able to speak to anyone else about whats been going on?

You were saying that you feel ashamed about binging in secret and buying stiff from the shops. What's causing you to feel ashamed about this?

It's really positive that you feel able to to speak to us about what's happening. :)

Thanks for your reply Steph. Other than my doctor, psychologist and mentor at uni, I haven't felt able to speak to anyone else about it.

I just feel ashamed, like I find what I'm doing is disgusting, it's not just buying the odd chocolate bar, I literally stuff my face it's embarrassing :(
    Thought I'd just update this thread as to how my therapy appointment went today- well talked about my past few weeks etc. And my psychologist mentioned that she thinks I could have aspbergers syndrome (nothing official though).

Started a new thread for that as I need to decide if I accept a referral to autism service for testing. To be honest I feel it would explain things
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    No worries Apandav! It's really good that you feel able to talk about what's going on for you here on the boards. How did you find speaking to your doctor and psychologist and mentor about it?

Sounds like it's difficult for you. It's really positive that you're talking about it though. How long have you been emotional eating for?

Thanks for updating us about how your therapy appointment went too and for letting us know that you've started a new thread too :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Amanda,

It's been a while since I've been able to come on here as way too much is happening and going on😞

How are you Hun?I hope you're okay and doing well😊x
    Steph wrote: »
    No worries Apandav! It's really good that you feel able to talk about what's going on for you here on the boards. How did you find speaking to your doctor and psychologist and mentor about it?

Sounds like it's difficult for you. It's really positive that you're talking about it though. How long have you been emotional eating for?

Thanks for updating us about how your therapy appointment went too and for letting us know that you've started a new thread too :)

Hi Steph, thanks for your reply! Not very helpful to be honest, doctor said speak to psychologist , but got too much on with her right now. And my mentor can only advise so much.

Been emotional eating a lot over past 6months ish, but I have been known to do it in the past- eg with exam stress when younger
    Hey Amanda,

It's been a while since I've been able to come on here as way too much is happening and going on😞

How are you Hun?I hope you're okay and doing well😊x

Hi Hannah :) sounds like you have a lot on, how are things?

A lots happened, had a bad week last week and I've now confirmed with my psychologist that I want to get tested for aspergers. So apparently the waiting list is long, but still going to therapy (which is tough :( )
    Hi,

I have a LOT going on and it's all been so hard. I feel and am so alone. And I have also been betrayed by some others around me and have no support atm either though I think it is trying to be sorted in terms of the professional help and support.

I am really proud that you managed to make that decision and decide to be tested for Aspergers.

When you say a lot's happened, what?

Hannah
    apandav wrote: »

Hi Hannah :) sounds like you have a lot on, how are things?

A lots happened, had a bad week last week and I've now confirmed with my psychologist that I want to get tested for aspergers. So apparently the waiting list is long, but still going to therapy (which is tough :( )

Sending *hug* s , it's good at least they are getting you support- maybe try and focus on that.

Thanks, just a lot happened that week as it had a lot going on, lots of things making me down etc. but this week has been better!
    Well it's good that you've had another good week :)

How are you today?

Hannah
    They are kind of getting me support but not really....