Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Take surveys and help raise money for The Mix

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
:wave: I was watching QI the other night and it freaked me out to discover how much money is lost in the NHS due to injuries people acquire due to getting involved in sponsored events - fun runs, parachute jumps - all of that malarkey. So it got me thinking, there must be a safer way to help out a charity right? And yes - we've found it... See below for the deets of our new venture.

You can help raise money for The Mix by taking part in opinion surveys over at opinion people. And the trick is to keep taking part in surveys. For each survey you fill in, The Mix will receive money that will go towards keeping the charity running and providing you with non-judgmental, expert advice and support.
Earn money as you complete more surveys and enter into prize draws to win exclusive offers. If you still need an added benefit fundraising will look great on your CV.
You have to be over 14 and an internet user to sign up. opinion people is a project run by Norstat UK, a provider of online market research services. For more information about how to sign up click here.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to give us a nudge :)

**Helen**
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Gone to sign up, but got no confirmation email or anything, anyone else having this problem?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gone to sign up, but got no confirmation email or anything, anyone else having this problem?

I had this issue too at first, but it came through about an hour or so later
    How do we link it to TheMix so they get the money? or is it automatic?
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Still no email. It must not like my email address.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    The survey I was filling in asked for all my details (where exactly I live etc.) , I don't exactly trust the website, so sorry guys
    For over a year now I've been taking surveys with surveymonkey https://contribute.surveymonkey.com/ here. And for every survey i take they donate 50p to my chosen charity. and i also get put into a draw to win i think £100 of amazon vouchers...I haven't yet won :P. but i think ive donated something like £30 to Barnardos....There isn't a huge list of charities to choose from, is this something themix could get involved in..Like get that charity on there...I dunno how it workks.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hiccup wrote: »
    How do we link it to TheMix so they get the money? or is it automatic?

Hi all,

Here's a bit more info about how the website works - hope it's helpful...

For every young person that signs up through The Mix and completes two surveys The Mix gets £3. After that, for every additional survey that you complete we will receive a payment. Anyone that completes a survey will also receive a payment of anything between 50p-£1.50 per survey depending on how long the survey is. By taking part in this you’ll be able to raise funds for The Mix, make a bit of money for yourself and have a say on the direction of the brands and organisations that you love. You have to be over 14 to take part. Norstat is bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and is a member of the Market Research Society so you can be assured that your personal data will be keep completely secure.

:thumb: