Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hey Friday!! (Little different to normal Friday thread)

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Hey Everyone :wave:

SO... I thought this Friday thread could be a little different. Yeah we're still gonna share our weekend plans, but I thought it would be cool to link it into our wellbeing, so.. we could share something we do on a weekend, that is just for us that help us feel better about ourselves or pick us up if we aren't feeling our best. Sound good?

So, today I am seeing my sister and nephew, then tomorrow, thinking a nice chilled day, looking after my nephew in the afternoon/evening. Then Sunday getting things ready for being back to work after a week off.

So, some things I like to do to help me feel better are go on a long walk, just me, taking in my surroundings. My head usually always feels clearer after a long walk. Taking a shower and using body lotion. I love the smell and it cheers me up. Also listening to music really loudly, my favourite songs. :heart:

Look forward to reading your replies

Sharing is caring :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Hey,
    I'm looking forwards to picking up my niece tomorrow afternoon and having her to stay at mine for the weekend. She's 4 now - and to be honest just hanging out with her in general is good for my wellbeing - she's so 'in the moment' and enjoys really simple things - I feel like she gives me a reason to take notice of what's around me more :)

We'll be making some popcorn on Saturday night which is such a simple little thing, but will make her very excited! :d
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    **helen** wrote: »
    Hey Hey,
    I'm looking forwards to picking up my niece tomorrow afternoon and having her to stay at mine for the weekend. She's 4 now - and to be honest just hanging out with her in general is good for my wellbeing - she's so 'in the moment' and enjoys really simple things - I feel like she gives me a reason to take notice of what's around me more :)

We'll be making some popcorn on Saturday night which is such a simple little thing, but will make her very excited! :d

Aw mini humans are great. Ive missed the children from nursery this week. But spent alot with my nephew so its all good. :heart:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend Helen :thumb:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I'm going to my girlfriend's. We're both a bit out of juice so we're planning on having a really lazy weekend because the next month will be really busy for us both! I've also not slept well in a few weeks, so hoping to end that too!
    plugitin wrote: »
    I'm going to my girlfriend's. We're both a bit out of juice so we're planning on having a really lazy weekend because the next month will be really busy for us both! I've also not slept well in a few weeks, so hoping to end that too!

Lazy weekends are the best :heart:

I hope you have a nice weekend and have some time to relax :thumb:

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to my girlfriends for the weekend and we ended up having a date weekend which was so lovely, definitely a pick me up after a low week. We went to the beach, frankie and bennies, bowling, arcades and then beach and pub today before coming home :)
    Hiccup wrote: »
    I went to my girlfriends for the weekend and we ended up having a date weekend which was so lovely, definitely a pick me up after a low week. We went to the beach, frankie and bennies, bowling, arcades and then beach and pub today before coming home :)

Aw that sounds lovely :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anyone here living in orlando?