Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

TheSite Book Club Revival!

plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey guys,

I was chatting to some of you in chat a while back now about reviving TheSite's book club! There seemed to be a fair bit of interest, and I know a lot of you are keen readers too - so I thought we could talk about setting it up here :)

What I'm thinking is that each month we will select a theme and nominate books around that theme to read - with an emphasis on the books being accessible in libraries, on Kindle, physically etc and a balance of fiction and non-fiction.

The idea would then be to have a chat or book club thread hosted by the person who nominated the book where we can discuss the book and any other books too!

Soooo... who's in? Any comments or questions?

Look forward to seeing your responses :yippe:

Kate
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm in! :yippe:
    Omgosh, I'm in :hyper:
    I'm in!
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I'm in :D a book chat would be amazing! x
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    :yippee: glad to see so many of you interested :D

I'm going to leave this thread open for a couple more days to see who else is interested and then we can start nominating books to read for the first month :)
    I'm in :p
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Woop woop!

(Props from Helen)
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Hey guys!
    ​So shall we start suggesting themes for the first month's book club - maybe by Wednesday 16th March?

My suggestion for this month, it having been International Women's Day - inspirational stories by women, or books with a strong female lead?

We can create a poll to vote once we have all the suggestions :thumb:

Anyone else is welcome to join in :)

@ninaballet[/USER] [USER="48607"]butterfly123[/USER] [USER="27078"]Melian[/USER] [USER="52007"]louisa982[/USER] [USER="95653"]Enchanted
    plugitin wrote: »
    Hey guys!
    ​So shall we start suggesting themes for the first month's book club - maybe by Wednesday 16th March?

My suggestion for this month, it having been International Women's Day - inspirational stories by women, or books with a strong female lead?

We can create a poll to vote once we have all the suggestions :thumb:

Anyone else is welcome to join in :)

@ninaballet[/USER] [USER="48607"]butterfly123[/USER] [USER="27078"]Melian[/USER] [USER="52007"]louisa982[/USER] [USER="95653"]Enchanted

I have a great book to suggest if we go with inspirational women, so I'd be happy with that as a theme!
    I'm happy with that to be the theme, sounds like a right good'un :)
    I'm hapy with the theme too.
  • ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    I am also hella in! :d:hyper:

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

• RavenclawRavenclaw Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    I'm definitely up for this - I miss reading and it'd be great to get back into it through a club like this :)
    Hey @ShatteredSecrets[/USER] and [USER="96122"]Ravenclaw, great to also have you on board :)

I've now created a new thread where we can post our nominations, you can find it here: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/chat-debate/travel-free-time/3540020-book-club-nominations-for-april-inspirational-women

Happy nominating!