Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stutterer (short film)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey guys,

I came across this short film today and thought it was worth sharing. As well as being frighteningly relatable for me in terms of actually living with a stutter, I think it's an amazing metaphor for anyone who struggles to speak up or speak their mind for other reasons - social anxiety and low confidence just to name a couple. It won a well deserved Oscar this year, too. :)

Side note: I can't confirm or deny that I welled up a bit while watching...
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Mike :wave:

This looked really interesting - initially read the post yesterday but didn't get around to being able to watch the video until today. Just tried to go to the link though and looks like the video has now been removed by the user :(
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    raich wrote: »
    Hey Mike :wave:

This looked really interesting - initially read the post yesterday but didn't get around to being able to watch the video until today. Just tried to go to the link though and looks like the video has now been removed by the user :(

Oh no - it was such a great video and it had such a cute and lovely ending. :)
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Aaah maaaan! I can't find the full version anywhere, now. ;_; Well worth a watch if you ever come across it, Raich.

Glad you liked it, jpeople! ^^
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.