Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Am I Bi?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a boyfriend of two years now but I feel like I may be bisexual, but I feel guilty about it because I want to be honest with him but I also don't really see the point because I don't feel like it will change how I feel about him? Im just worried it might change how he feels about me if I do tell him.. Ive not told anyone about how I feel but it's really been playing on my mind a lot and I just feel like im not accepting who I am fully, but im so embarrassed by it all..

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Phoenix. :wave: Welcome to the boards.

Kudos for posting here, especially since you've never talked to anyone about this before. Discovering your sexuality can be a scary and unpredictable process, but is certainly nothing to be embarrassed about. Self discovery helps define who we are and differences ultimately give the world colour. :)

I guess a good thing to bear in mind is that someone who truly cares about you and loves you for who you are won't reject you based on your sexuality. While it could come as a shock because it's perhaps unexpected, if the person we're talking to is non-judgmental and tries to understand us then it usually won't present too many problems in the grand scheme of things. Sharing these sorts of things with a trusted partner is also a great way to kick-start the self acceptance you talked about, and gradually start that journey towards feeling comfortable with yourself.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you for the reply. I feel like I could talk to my boyfriend about it, and he would definitely be the first person I'd want to tell anyway, I just really don't know how to say it or when to say it..