Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Plan Your Week: In and Out, Leave and Remain Special Edition

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here we go. It’s a brand new week. Whenever I tune into the news, it’s all about in or out. So I want to know, which places will you be going into and which places will you be going out to? What fun, exciting, or good things will you be doing at all of those places? This is the week to leave negativity and remain positive.

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Monday - Home where i will be doing media coursework and relaxing
    Tuesday- College where i have media, maths, media and english
    Wednesday- College where i have media, media, media and maths
    Thursday- College where i have media media media and english
    Friday- college where i have maths english and photography, photography and then i have the doctors
    Saturday- London for YouthNet digital design workshop
    Sunday- at home just relaxing
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Monday- I'm at university, currently sitting on campus doing my work, got a lecture at 1pm. I'm meeting my mentor (from uni) and we are meeting at a cafe in town (will be good to get a change of scene just after 2pm.

Tuesday- University again, long day, first of my chemistry labs which start at 2 and finish at 5 :/

Wednesday- Lecture at 11am, meeting people for my group project after (for uni coursework), then I'm picking up a big heavy box of paper from uni, which I have no idea how I'll get it home (probably taxi).

Thursday- Week off from my Biomedical science labs :) - that means no weekly test!!! But going in early for an extra statistics tutorial (I don't need to go, but I'm stuck on a few questions), followed by a lecture after- where we are doing my favourite topic- human biology :)

Friday- Early GP appointment, followed by a lecture, lunch with uni friends and another lecture, before my therapy appointment at 3:30pm.

Saturday- Taking my dogs to the vet with my mum- they are getting their jags and a check- up :)

Rest of weekend- No idea, other than uni work. As part of my therapy I've to add in "activties" to my week- its difficult but I think I've discovered a new hobby for myself- card making, I got some bits and bobs and been enjoying making cards, just giving them to family and making them for the sake of it, but hoping to sell them once I feel they are good enough :D

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    Monday - Home where i will be doing media coursework and relaxing
    Tuesday- College where i have media, maths, media and english
    Wednesday- College where i have media, media, media and maths
    Thursday- College where i have media media media and english
    Friday- college where i have maths english and photography, photography and then i have the doctors
    Saturday- London for YouthNet digital design workshop
    Sunday- at home just relaxing

On Friday you'll learn how to take good photos of all the YOuthnet staff.

What is all that media teaching you?
    apandav wrote: »
    Monday- I'm at university, currently sitting on campus doing my work, got a lecture at 1pm. I'm meeting my mentor (from uni) and we are meeting at a cafe in town (will be good to get a change of scene just after 2pm.

Tuesday- University again, long day, first of my chemistry labs which start at 2 and finish at 5 :/

Wednesday- Lecture at 11am, meeting people for my group project after (for uni coursework), then I'm picking up a big heavy box of paper from uni, which I have no idea how I'll get it home (probably taxi).

Thursday- Week off from my Biomedical science labs :) - that means no weekly test!!! But going in early for an extra statistics tutorial (I don't need to go, but I'm stuck on a few questions), followed by a lecture after- where we are doing my favourite topic- human biology :)

Friday- Early GP appointment, followed by a lecture, lunch with uni friends and another lecture, before my therapy appointment at 3:30pm.

Saturday- Taking my dogs to the vet with my mum- they are getting their jags and a check- up :)

Rest of weekend- No idea, other than uni work. As part of my therapy I've to add in "activties" to my week- its difficult but I think I've discovered a new hobby for myself- card making, I got some bits and bobs and been enjoying making cards, just giving them to family and making them for the sake of it, but hoping to sell them once I feel they are good enough :D

Yes, use a taxi foor the box. You don't want to be carrying big boxes around. Enjoy your lunch on Friday.
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    WayneS wrote: »

On Friday you'll learn how to take good photos of all the YOuthnet staff.

What is all that media teaching you?

Hahahaha yeah

In media im doing a mixture of photography (camera skills and use of photography)
    Filming - (creating/ filming horror films and opening sequences as well as doing all the boring pre-production work such as risk assessments and scripts)
    Learning about the UK film industry and planning a film from scratch
    Creating a film magazine
    Improving presenting and team working skills
    so basically doing everything :)
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Not decided yet. Apart from lots of running and eating.
    Monday - Work from 6-3 after 9 days holiday, then home to catch up with coursework
    Tuesday - College 9-1 to learn criminology, then work 2-8
    Wednesday - College 9-5 learning sociology, study skills and having tutorial
    Thursday - College 9-1 for psychology and then down to cornwall for a few days
    Friday - Uni with H and catching up on some coursework then just chilling, maybe a beach walk
    Saturday - Baking cakes with H
    Sunday - Morning with H and then home in time to work in the evening
    Melian wrote: »
    Not decided yet. Apart from lots of running and eating.

Hot meals will warm you up after running in the cold. What are you planning on eating this week?
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Monday - Work from 6-3 after 9 days holiday, then home to catch up with coursework
    Tuesday - College 9-1 to learn criminology, then work 2-8
    Wednesday - College 9-5 learning sociology, study skills and having tutorial
    Thursday - College 9-1 for psychology and then down to cornwall for a few days
    Friday - Uni with H and catching up on some coursework then just chilling, maybe a beach walk
    Saturday - Baking cakes with H
    Sunday - Morning with H and then home in time to work in the evening

Your weeks start too early. You need a good weekend after all that hard work.

Hot meals will warm you up after running in the cold. What are you planning on eating this week?

No idea yet!
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion

Yes, use a taxi foor the box. You don't want to be carrying big boxes around. Enjoy your lunch on Friday.

Yeah I think I'll need to :d

Thanks, it's just our usual lunch between classes ie. normally acked lunch , but it's nice to have a chat. Normally we sit in a little lunch area on campus, but last friday we had lunch at the Union- they do like proper hot food- as we just realised there's no point in trecking back up that hill when our class is next to the union (we had a lecture in the union beforehand). It's the first time I sat in there (I'm only I first year) , and the chips looked amazing, maybe I shall treat myself lol :p
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    The exhaustion of the week has already hit me, I don't think I can man it, however, this week all I'm doing is working and Uni, and my additional sports and socs.

Thursday, I was in Uni for 10, and my seminar is at 3-4 then an additional course 4.30-7 and then Badminton 7.30-8.30, then I can hopefully go home and get an early night, cause I'll need it.

Friday, I have Uni from 10, and this includes a three hour lecture, and I don't finish till 5.30 then I have work at 6, till end, it's an event so end is 2/3 in the morning, so I'll have my energy drinks at hand!!

Saturday and Sunday, I'm doing two days shifts, and need to do some grocery shopping, then hopefully be able to relax, catch up with Uni work.

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday - I have Uni Tuesday, working day shifts on all three days, yeah, Imma slowly die D: I'm exhausted just thinking about it, I can't wait for work though, but exhaustinggg.