Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate periods, how can I make it a good experience , if that's even possible. Only kidding. But what can I do to feel better?, feel very tired and in pain and have to do work but haven't got any energy

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Heatpads and hotwater bottles and a lot of relaxing, if possible! - Apparently having sex too, can ease period pain. Bubble baths are also a good one, like different people have differnt coping mechnisms!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Zell :wave:

Sometimes people find that a hot water bottle can be soothing or a nice warm bath. Exercise will usually give you a boost of endorphins and can help you to feel better :yes:

Sometimes it's just a case of taking some painkillers if you really need to!

What have you tried before? :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Baths ... make me feel dizzy. Last time I fainted when I got out of a warm bath. The bath was supposed to be my Christmas treat. I had a warm shower it helped but it's temporary. I tried a hot water bottle but when I have to go out. I get really bad cramps and I get really low energy. Like I need to faint and my work I do is very active. Have to be on my feet and its tiring.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    It might be worth seeing your GP if you're experiencing dizziness and fainting - low blood sugar or dehydration could be something to do with it so making sure you're eating well and drinking lots of water might help.

In our article on periods it says taking a mild painkiller or trying gentle stretching exercises can help too, here's the link: http://www.thesite.org/your-body/womens-health/periods-the-facts-7351.html

Jo
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.