Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uni entry?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have done something silly about 5 months ago i gave up chemistry as level as it was really stressing me out now that it comes to points and required entry points i dont think i have what i need for teacher training i do biology and health and social care what should i do i need 200 points and i think i will get 100- 130 please advise me on what i can do :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    best idea is to probably phone the uni you want to/are going to. They will be able to advise you on the best way forward. :)
  • Options
    been to a higher ed thing tonight. i just dont think higher education is for me.:(
  • Options
    Why not?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Why not?

I cant get in and if i do take more a levels i would only see my boyfriend once a week if im lucky :(

see relationships work and boyfriend. i think its best to get a job i cant do this. :( i really cant get into uni :(
  • Options
    But do you want to go to uni? Do you want a degree, because if you do the word can't doesn't come into it...take your boyfriend out of the equation on making the decision...don't put yourself and your future second...

If you really want to go, but feel defeatest because you currently won't have enough points, think about clearing or taking more a-levels next year or over the summer. You could also try for a foundation course. Talk to your careers advisor before making a decision.

On the other hand if you don't want a degree/ uni experience, then go for the job. You could always do it later as a mature student.

Susie :)
  • Options
    Have you done AS levels? coz they usually count as points too.

So 200 points....thats 2 Bs right? what are your predicted grades?

I wouldn't pull out of your uni application...there's always clearing, just have a look through all possible courses before you get your results so you know your options.

best of luck, don't count out any options yet tho!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    But do you want to go to uni? Do you want a degree, because if you do the word can't doesn't come into it...take your boyfriend out of the equation on making the decision...don't put yourself and your future second...

If you really want to go, but feel defeatest because you currently won't have enough points, think about clearing or taking more a-levels next year or over the summer. You could also try for a foundation course. Talk to your careers advisor before making a decision.

On the other hand if you don't want a degree/ uni experience, then go for the job. You could always do it later as a mature student.

Susie :)

i dont want to leave my boyfriend. i need to think about getting a job and leaving 6th form. cardiff is easier to get into, but this would mean moving the most important thing to me is my boyfriend although he or others feel that money is the most important thing i dont and i would be happy to do anything but leave him.

I can do it but need to move which i know my parents will support so that is probably the only choice i have but its the last.

its two b's im predicted 1 E and a C