Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

In Our Own Words

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have any of you seen this video produced by Mind? It was made a while ago but is a powerful video with young people talking about their mental health in their own words, and what helps them cope.

[Potential Trigger Warning]

I wonder if you guys can relate - can you explain in your own words? What might some of your coping strategies be? :chin:

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    This is a really powerful strong and V.emotional video, it shows a great amount of expression, and I comletely agree on the aspect on needing people around and having people not tip-toe around you, and treat us like normal people, because that's what we are, just people, were all going through our own battle, and remember guys, like the video says, there is support out there an organizations to support you :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A very expressive, emotive and poweful video here.Those of us who experience diagnosed mental health issues of some kind are affected by similar things such as issues and signs/symptoms however we may all explain this in a different way.

Hannah x
    This is a really powerful strong and V.emotional video, it shows a great amount of expression, and I comletely agree on the aspect on needing people around and having people not tip-toe around you, and treat us like normal people, because that's what we are, just people, were all going through our own battle, and remember guys, like the video says, there is support out there an organizations to support you :heart:

It is very expressive, and conveys a reassuring message throughout :yes:

Sometimes people find they can still feel isolated or lonely even with lots of people around - do you reckon it depends on how supportive the people around you can be, and who they are? :chin:
    A very expressive, emotive and poweful video here.Those of us who experience diagnosed mental health issues of some kind are affected by similar things such as issues and signs/symptoms however we may all explain this in a different way.

Hannah x

I do agree that the experience is subjective; only the person living with it can really understand how it feels for them! There's a lot of positivity towards the end about what helps them cope and feel reassured - can you relate to any of those? :chin:
    raich wrote: »

I do agree that the experience is subjective; only the person living with it can really understand how it feels for them! There's a lot of positivity towards the end about what helps them cope and feel reassured - can you relate to any of those? :chin:

I can't relate to any of those really apart from the negative ways to be honest.I don't really have a positive coping mechanism which helps me fully if im honest either.

Re-watching the video just then has made me realise mental health happens to people of all different and diverse criteria.

Hannah x