Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hybrid Animals Competition!

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
Hey Guys!

So a couple of chats ago, James suggested doing a photoshop competition. Now I know not everyone will have photoshop, therefore I figured we could make it so you can use anything creative. Software wise you could use photoshop, paint etc., or non-software you could draw, paint etc., whatever you like.

Now the theme I thought of is 'Hybrid Animals'. For those of you that don't know what a hybrid animal is, it is an offspring of two animals of different races, breeds, varieties, species, or genera.

I quickly created my own as an example, and call it a Leguin.

You can reply to this thread with your creation, a name of your creation, and maybe a description of the animal.

The judges of this competition, will be TheSite users using a poll, once we have received all of the entries by the deadline, we will create a poll and allow users to vote for their favourite hybrid.
I have also asked James whether people around the YN/GC offices could vote on their favourite too.

There are prizes in the all famous 'prize draw' at YouthNet which will be the prizes we have for this competition. The prize for first place is the Roku Streaming Stick and a (very limited edition!) TheSite t-shirt. For the runner up, they get a TS t-shirt too :D

The deadline is: 8th February 2016

Any questions, feel free to post below or PM me or TheSite mod account.

Hann

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Attachment not found. This is an owl crossed with a cat - its one of my best edits but its the best i can do for now as my photoshop is broken, it is called MEOWL:)
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Y'all know this is the winner ;):p
    Llamug:d
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Just letting you all know that this ends Monday!!
    So far all participants are getting a prize!
    Enchanted wrote: »
    Y'all know this is the winner ;):p
    Llamug:d

I don't know whether it's my phone but I can't view this sorry
    Enchanted - I seem to be able to only view things on the pcs at uni... Thanks for re-posting :)
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Any more entries for this?

So far we have the Meowl and the Llamug :lol:

- Jo7
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Today is the deadline people!!!!
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    The mods had a productive lunch ;)

Lo and behold, the zoogle whale..

Qw7hefC.jpg?1
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    TheSite wrote: »

Qw7hefC.jpg?1

WOW!

- James Arthur (YOU)
    TheSite wrote: »

Qw7hefC.jpg?1

Guyyssss you're supposed to say who posted it XD Also pretty cool :P Not an entry because that's not fair ;)
    That's it time is up!!!
    Thank you to Jpeople111 and Enchanted for taking part!!
    (Look out for a following thread :thumb:)

Alsoooo because it's pancake day - :pancake flip:
    Hann wrote: »
    That's it time is up!!!
    Thank you to Jpeople111 and Enchanted for taking part!!
    (Look out for a following thread :thumb:)

Alsoooo because it's pancake day - :pancake flip:

Okay great! :yes: :d :pancake flip:

- James Arthur (YOU)