Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Struggling with pain and lack of sleep

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sorry, I just didn't know what you meant...Sorry :(

x
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

i see you do so so much to support other people and your caring and understanding nature is something that shines through and i'm not just saying that to make you feel better, i'm saying it because it's true. Sometimes when we're feeling low our brain tells us horrible things and makes us feel unworthy.You are worth a million and much much more eve if you don't feel like, i know shits really hard but hang in there, persist with the uncomfortable feeling, i know it's horrible but you can do it, you can do hard things, keep pushing *hug*

Thank you so much :heart:

Your reply means a lot.

Hope your doing okay *hug*s
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Thank you lovely :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    How are you feeling?
    Fine thanks.
    Hey BananaMonkey,

It can be scary when you don't feel in control of your thoughts and don't feel yourself. Sometimes we can't get to the root of what's causing us to feel or not feel a certain way, and that's okay.

It can often help though to try to focus on what it is that does help you during those times when you are doing okay. I remember you mentioned in a previous thread about nature, that a walk outside focusing on sights and sounds helps. What else might you be able to think of to help reduce the intensity of the emotions?

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder injury and it's effect on your sleep - is it something you'd feel able to go back to your GP about?

We're here to help you work through whatever it is *hug*
    Good to hear you're still fine :) xx
    raich wrote: »
    Hey BananaMonkey,

It can be scary when you don't feel in control of your thoughts and don't feel yourself. Sometimes we can't get to the root of what's causing us to feel or not feel a certain way, and that's okay.

It can often help though to try to focus on what it is that does help you during those times when you are doing okay. I remember you mentioned in a previous thread about nature, that a walk outside focusing on sights and sounds helps. What else might you be able to think of to help reduce the intensity of the emotions?

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder injury and it's effect on your sleep - is it something you'd feel able to go back to your GP about?

We're here to help you work through whatever it is *hug*

I only just went to the doctors on Thursday just gone. So dont really wanna go back now. It's just on and off. I hope I can sleep tonight.
    Have you tried the heat patches or similar? I find these help more than some painkillers. Plus, they don't have such horrible side effects that some painkillers do.
    I have tried them before, I didnt find they helped, and I cant use deep heat cos it make my skin really itchy. I have deep freeze that helps. My brother has something wrong with his neck which causes him to have pain in his neck and shoulder and arm, he said its genetic so gonna mention that to my doctor next time I am there if it carries on. He said they cant do anything to help. Just gotta deal with it.

I'm okay. I know others are going through more important things.
    What can be more important that your health? Physical or mental - they are both hugely connected and everyone's needs are important here *hug*

Definitely sounds worth mentioning to the doctor and perhaps asking your brother if he has found anything that really helps?
    Thank you Jo, I did mention it to my brother, he hasn't found anything that helps. I've got some stronger painkillers from the doctor, but can only take two a day, I've not really been taking them much to be honest, it's not as bad as it's been, was worse last time.

I'll be okay. Have to be

It sounds like the pain is definitely affecting your sleep :( x
    It sounds like the pain is definitely affecting your sleep :( x

Pretty much.
    At least you've found the cause though, right?:) x
    At least you've found the cause though, right?:) x

Not really cos it may not be that. It's just something that it could be.
    It sounds like it is :) What else could it be then?:s xx
    I don't know. Your like expecting me to know what is wrong with me when I don't.
    Hey, that isn't it at all; no.

What's going on in life for you atm?x
    Hey, that isn't it at all; no.

What's going on in life for you atm?x

Feels like it.
    Hun,I'm sorry if I made you feel that's it.But that is not how I was being; not at all.I was trying to understand better sorry x
    Okay, cool.
    Feeling better?
    No.
    What have you been trying, aside from the medication for your shoulder?
    When I thoughts things couldnt any worse. Been put on a personal improvement plan at work. Literally feel like walking away and leaving it all behind.
    Heya again,

Things will get better Hun. They will.

What happened in terms of work?I know and understand how hard it is but maybe it's good support will be in place for you at work.x
    They wont get better
    You do not know that as fact.
    I really do.

My job is the only thing I am good at, or at least I thought I was, and I may lose it.