Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Residential Courses in UK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone.

One of my aunts mentioned to me about residential courses and it's got me thinking about doing some volunteering in something....Not sure what though, maybe something to do with wildlife....I've seen a few rather long courses in Scotland that seem ok.

Just wondering if anyone has been on a residential course and what they got out of it, except to fill your CV in something you're interested in?

I was made redundant at the end of 2013 and I still haven't found another job.

Comments

• Options
    Forgot to mention........would I have to sign off JSA ? I'm looking at a voluntary position in Scotland that seems great, and it lasts for 2.5 months.....
  • Options
    Found a one to two week volunteering near Loch Ness for TreesForLife....but decided that it was too far to drive, so I'm leaving it for now.

I filled in an application form for the RSPB and sent it off with 4 choices of residential volunteering.......I received a booking for Haweswater at the end of February for 2 weeks but I cant do it since the job centre said that I "have to sign in on my sign on day". So I had to send an email to the volunteer provider to tell them unfortunately that I cannot do it, unless there was a way round it..... Waiting for a reply from them, probably get one tomorrow.