Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do people spend their spare time?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
One new years resolution of mine is to spend less time online. I mostly do this when I'm bored.

I currently do other stuff, such as running (hoping to go back to club when it's a bit lighter) and playing the ukulele. (I've just left my old club and have a friend who will be tutoring me) I've just got myself a new Kindle too; so hoping to read a bit more too.

But I don't want to be in the situation where I'm out all the time.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Reading, knitting and cooking is how I spend a lot of my time at home. I guess it's finding something that works for you :)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Um, listening to music/making playlists, colouring, blogging, going on walks, oh and taking a crazy amount of naps.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Drinking.. It's fun at a certain stage. Other than that I absolutely adore art - I really need to start doing more than I have been doing. And walking, walking is everything to me, especially when it's getting dark. Also seeing my gorgeous baby nephew as much as I can because he is my absolute life - even though he is a lickle bugger at times :love: I spend a lot of free time on TheSite too because duh!
  • Options
    Thanks :) I tend to nap a lot in the day and it's a habit I'm trying to get out of. :blush:
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Listen to music, colouring, sometimes watching TV(if I'm in the mood) , and walks (not so much at the moment as I fractured my foot).

Still I feel I have a lot of spare time and I play to try all these new things but never get motivated enough to do it
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    One new years resolution of mine is to spend less time online. I mostly do this when I'm bored.

I currently do other stuff, such as running (hoping to go back to club when it's a bit lighter) and playing the ukulele. (I've just left my old club and have a friend who will be tutoring me) I've just got myself a new Kindle too; so hoping to read a bit more too.

But I don't want to be in the situation where I'm out all the time.

That's quite a good New Year's Resolutiona ctually-Woah, you do so many great things! :)

I don't really do anything in my 'spare time' but do more things for work,and cry...

Take care guys x