Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Childline to TS Transition?Anyone?

2»

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi AngelFace! I know this must be a tricky time for you but please do feel you can have a second chance on here, we want to help you as much as we can.

How are you feeling today?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you for that, it's reassuring and comforting to know.

Today I am feeling drained, exhausted and emotional and had yet another night of really broken and disturbed sleep :crying:

AngelFace97
    Really sorry I didn't see all the replies that got posted this morning as I was browsing around - you'd already said how you were feeling! Do you have anything you can do today to help boost your mood? What do you enjoy doing?
    Cat88 wrote: »
    Really sorry I didn't see all the replies that got posted this morning as I was browsing around - you'd already said how you were feeling! Do you have anything you can do today to help boost your mood? What do you enjoy doing?

Don't worry at all, it is really not a problem so please don't be apologising and saying sorry as you have no need!

I don't really enjoy doing anything anymore. I am out today with 'family' visiting other relatives and having a meal-Two things I struggle with right there, food and family :crying:

I don't even have any internet connection or Wi-Fi when I'm out either.
    Ok well we'll still be here when you get back :yes: try to get through the day as best you can and you can always post on here later if you need to unwind a bit.

Do be careful about how you try to get your opinions across in future though. I know we've all moved on from that now but to really settle and earn people's trust and respect, you can't essentially be insulting different races because it's not something anyone on TheSite would ever accept at all. That's all I'm saying - just giving you a tip really. I'm not getting at you at all :)

I find it helps to re-read my post before submitting it. Also means I realise that half the time, I'm actually not making that much sense, I've missed out words, made a typo, etc.
    Cat88 wrote: »
    Ok well we'll still be here when you get back :yes: try to get through the day as best you can and you can always post on here later if you need to unwind a bit.

I don't know how to distract myself while im there especially since two things I struggle with are involved :S

Thank you for that x
    Melian wrote: »

I find it helps to re-read my post before submitting it. Also means I realise that half the time, I'm actually not making that much sense, I've missed out words, made a typo, etc.

Re-reading my posts before submitting them will be something I start to do more often from now on, thanks x
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hi,

I am 18 and currently still use the Childline service, until I must leave there in mid-January due to turning 19 on my next birthday. I'm wondering if anyone else has been through this transition, or has any tips and advice on how I can settle in to TS properly and also build up a support network?

Thanks in advance guys

xx

Hello there AngelFace,

I turned 19 a few months back now, and used to be a regular user of ChildLine whenever I needed to offload and just needed emergency support, they were able to call people for me, prior to coming onto TheSite message boards, I was a reckless user, who broke as many rules as I could, trust me, I got banned more times than I can even remember, and the community just got to a point where it was, 'oh shit, she's back.' - We all have rocky starts when it comes to getting used to a new community, getting used a more formal, more flexible community and like I do get where you're coming from, but it's not a transition you have to go through alone.

What I found was the best way personally for myself to settle in, was to engage with those who I assumed liked me, not trying to impress EVERYONE, because with any community, you will have those who can't stand you, and those who will stand by your side, and all the middlemen in-between, engaging in random banter also helped me to get used to it, and I grew fond off one specific user @katralla, sadly that user doesn't use the boards nowadays, but they helped me feel comfortable here and most defo cared for.

Chat also helped me get to know people more, and create a bond I thought I could never have, and also the light hearted stuff, and getting involved in as much as I could. But for me personally, it was a long winded process, it took me forever to actually get used to the community, I've been here what feels like too long now, yet, even at times I still feel like a complete outsider, but you aren't alone, and you don't have to go through this transition alone, I'm always here to offer you a listening ear, and by the looks of things, the rest of the community are here to, take it at your own pace though, no-one elses, how have you found TheSite.org boards so far? :heart:

Were here for you :heart:
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    Hey,

Sorry it's taken me such a long time to reply here.

Ah okay, what month is your birthday? So there's not much of an age gap between us then-You sound a lot more mature and responsible than me! I am a big baby anyway so erm yeah!:crying: I wonder if we ever spoke on the Childline message boards when you were on there?!;) It feels like a really lonely transition however at the same time I do know I'm not the only one who has gone through a transition like this one.

How are you doing?

xxx