Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Childline to TS Transition?Anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I am 18 and currently still use the Childline service, until I must leave there in mid-January due to turning 19 on my next birthday. I'm wondering if anyone else has been through this transition, or has any tips and advice on how I can settle in to TS properly and also build up a support network?

Thanks in advance guys

xx

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I haven't gone through that transition however, I have some tips on how you could settle into this community if you want. I am sure others may have some tips as well.

I think for the boards, maybe replying or starting some fun light-hearted threads, that way you could get involved in the discussions a bit more.

Also maybe think about what you want to get out of the boards. When I first joined I wanted support, and to make some friends, and get to know people. Nowadays I want to help others and just start some fun threads. I still use the boards for support for myself, but not as much as I used too. I am slowly trying to find other support networks.

We are a friendly bunch on here, and I believe you will settle. It just takes time.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it certainly does take time and effort, as well as understanding and respect towards eachother. But, at the same time, to receive respect, we must give respect and especially vice versa!

I will try posting those kind of threads and see how I get on with that-Thanks for the idea.

It's actually a big transition for someone to go through and it kind of makes me feel more lonely in a way :s x
    it certainly does take time and effort, as well as understanding and respect towards eachother. But, at the same time, to receive respect, we must give respect and especially vice versa!

I will try posting those kind of threads and see how I get on with that-Thanks for the idea.

It's actually a big transition for someone to go through and it kind of makes me feel more lonely in a way :s x

I like to think we are respectful to each other on here.

Yeah I imagine it's quite a big transition for you, you'll get there.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    I want to be a part of that as well-And will certainly try hard to settle down and be a useful part of this site as well :)

It certainly is yes-TS and Childline are very DIFFERENT indeed although many point them out to be similar :s x
    I want to be a part of that as well-And will certainly try hard to settle down and be a useful part of this site as well :)

It certainly is yes-TS and Childline are very DIFFERENT indeed although many point them out to be similar :s x

It takes time, but I believe you can get there. I remember when I first joined another support website, I didn't use it for 10 months, cos I was finding it so difficult to settle, I was so used to here, it takes time to settle somewhere new, just like in real life, it's the same online.

Now I have settled on the other website and I feel like I can use it for support, don't get me wrong TheSite will always hold a special place in my heart, and I love coming onto the boards, to support others like yourself.

You'll get there :heart:

On Childline, I am actually like you! I do anything and everything I can to help and support others and feel the responsibility to do that as well since I am one of the few oldest left on there using the service. I am actually going back and forth from these boards and the childline message boards now! :s:)

It takes time but hopefully I will get there and settle in soon.x
    Ahh that's cool.

You'll get there. :heart:
    Ahh that's cool.

You'll get there. :heart:

Thank you, I hope so.

I haven't made a good impression at all so far on TS :( I was banned for a month the same month I joined back in 2014 :s x

Thank you, I hope so.

I haven't made a good impression at all so far on TS :( I was banned for a month the same month I joined back in 2014 :s x

Everyone deserves a second chance though. This is yours!

Everyone deserves a second chance though. This is yours!

I feel I ruined that with my recent threads though I am willing to try to give myself a new start on here and show others the truer impression of myself :S )x

I feel I ruined that with my recent threads though I am willing to try to give myself a new start on here and show others the truer impression of myself :S )x

People can be very forgiving. Don't worry to much about it.

People can be very forgiving. Don't worry to much about it.

I'll try not to...........x
    *hug*s
    *hug*s

Thank you for talking to me---I am slowly starting to calm down and stop crying x
    It's okay.

Ahh I am really glad your calming down.
    It's okay.

Ahh I am really glad your calming down.

Thank you so much. Might try to have a shower soon to try to calm myself down some more but gonna be spending the evening/morning on TS and Childline boards, flitting back and forth x

Thank you so much. Might try to have a shower soon to try to calm myself down some more but gonna be spending the evening/morning on TS and Childline boards, flitting back and forth x

Honestly it's okay. Don't need to thank me. *hug*s

Honestly it's okay. Don't need to thank me. *hug*s

I do because it's nice to have people there x
    It's okay.
    It's okay.

:banghead::crying: now...x

:banghead::crying: now...x

Whats happened?

Whats happened?

I had a sudden urge of sadness which came from a flashback, then argument :(:(
    Really sorry to hear that.

Try and be kind to yourself :heart:

I'm gonna attempt sleep but keep posting, there will be others around.
    As BananaMonkey says, we're a friendly bunch and we do try to show each other respect.

It won't be too hard to settle in once you try to involve yourself with the boards more widely - so rather than just posting some threads (which is absolutely okay!) it might be a good idea to try and reply to other people's, and certainly get involved with the fun threads if you feel able to. Once people get to know you a bit better, that's how bonds can be built - and perhaps you can give general chat a try at some point when you're feeling ready.

Do be careful about how you try to get your opinions across in future though. I know we've all moved on from that now but to really settle and earn people's trust and respect, you can't essentially be insulting different races because it's not something anyone on TheSite would ever accept at all. That's all I'm saying - just giving you a tip really. I'm not getting at you at all :)

good luck and just keep trying. I imagine people do recognise your username now, we just don't know much about you. What are your interests, hobbies, have any pets? Etc.
    How you feeling today :heart:
    Really sorry to hear that.

Try and be kind to yourself :heart:

I'm gonna attempt sleep but keep posting, there will be others around.

Thank you Hun, I was not allowed on my laptop or phone last night so couldn't post...x
    How you feeling today :heart:

I am feeling pretty much drained, exhausted and emotional and had yet another night of very broken and disturbed sleep...xx
    As BananaMonkey says, we're a friendly bunch and we do try to show each other respect.

It won't be too hard to settle in once you try to involve yourself with the boards more widely - so rather than just posting some threads (which is absolutely okay!) it might be a good idea to try and reply to other people's, and certainly get involved with the fun threads if you feel able to. Once people get to know you a bit better, that's how bonds can be built - and perhaps you can give general chat a try at some point when you're feeling ready.

Do be careful about how you try to get your opinions across in future though. I know we've all moved on from that now but to really settle and earn people's trust and respect, you can't essentially be insulting different races because it's not something anyone on TheSite would ever accept at all. That's all I'm saying - just giving you a tip really. I'm not getting at you at all :)

good luck and just keep trying. I imagine people do recognise your username now, we just don't know much about you. What are your interests, hobbies, have any pets? Etc.

You all are a friendly bunch and the respect and care towards most others on here is evident, which is pretty reassuring to know.

I was going to try the Support Chat last night and really should have done but wasn't allowed on my laptop or my phone really. General Chat sounds like a good idea and I will certainly try posting on threads to see if I can offer something to help anybody else. Fun threads would be impossible for me at the moment though thank you for suggesting it, I will certainly do that when I can.

Thank you-I just get so opinionated and passionate about things at times but I guess sometimes this comes through in the wrong way to people. Don't wrry, I know you weren't.

Thank you xxx

I am feeling pretty much drained, exhausted and emotional and had yet another night of very broken and disturbed sleep...xx

Sounds very difficult for you *hug*s

Sounds very difficult for you *hug*s

Definitely :crying::crying::crying:x