Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Samaritans and saneline

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know the difference between Samaritans and Saneline in terms of the services they offer?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Ybe7,

Saneline focuses primarily on supporting people affected by mental health, struggling with difficult situations or thoughts and emotions. They offer support via telephone as well as text and a support forum on their website.

Samaritans can offer support with all sorts of concerns, whether big or small, and are contactable via telephone, email, post, or even in person.

Is there any particular form of support you were looking for?

I hope that helps :)
    raich wrote: »
    Hey Ybe7,

[URL="http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline"]Saneline[/URL] focuses primarily on supporting people affected by mental health, struggling with difficult situations or thoughts and emotions. They offer support via telephone as well as text and a support forum on their website.

[URL="http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/what-speak-us-about"]Samaritans[/URL] can offer support with all sorts of concerns, whether big or small, and are contactable via telephone, email, post, or even [URL="http://www.samaritans.org/branches"]in person[/URL].

Is there any particular form of support you were looking for?

I hope that helps :)

Samaritans are contactable through text as well now :)
    Hiccup wrote: »

Samaritans are contactable through text as well now :)

Hi Hiccup, how are you? We haven't spoken for a while, how are things?

I have used The Samaritans via email before but I haven't heard about their text service, do you know the number for the text service of it then? And whether it's free?

Thanks x
    The text number is 07725909090
    Hiccup wrote: »
    The text number is 07725909090

Thank you! And is this number free to contact do you know?

I wonder why the new text number is not advertised on the website of their service :s Do you know how it works then?

Thank you! And is this number free to contact do you know?

I wonder why the new text number is not advertised on the website of their service :s Do you know how it works then?

I think that it is normal rate :)
    Enchanted wrote: »

I think that it is normal rate :)

Sorry, I'm a it clueless(as you can probably tell:crying:)...What does that mean? x
    I've done some googling and now I'm not too sure if it still exists! And by that I meant that is was the same price as a normal text x
    http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/different-ways-you-can-get-touch/text-and-online-help-coming-future
    Yeah I knew that it was coming in the future but Hiccup had said above that it is already out so up and running??

Any ideas?!

Thank you!! xx
    Their website says: "[FONT=Calibri, calibri-webfont, Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]We do currently provide help via SMS but are only advertising the number in a limited way at the moment." and I've googled the number and it seems to be connected to Samaritans so it's up to you whether you try or not. x[/FONT]
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to help clear the confusion about the Samaritans text service - as it says in the link Enchanted posted, the service does exist and is the number that Hiccup posted. They are currently not advertising it so widely as they don't yet have enough volunteers for that particular service but it seems they are working on it :)

So it is an option but it might just take a while for someone to get back to you!

Hope that makes sense :)
    Enchanted wrote: »
    Their website says: "[FONT=Calibri, calibri-webfont, Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]We do currently provide help via SMS but are only advertising the number in a limited way at the moment." and I've googled the number and it seems to be connected to Samaritans so it's up to you whether you try or not. x[/FONT]

Thank you, I would have opened the link but my notebook isn't working amazingly well at the moment which is annoying but technology eh. Thank you for that, and recognising that the number is in fact connected to The Samaritans. I am going to consider whether to try it or not.Thank you!

raich wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to help clear the confusion about the Samaritans text service - as it says in the link Enchanted posted, the service does exist and is the number that Hiccup posted. They are currently not advertising it so widely as they don't yet have enough volunteers for that particular service but it seems they are working on it :)

So it is an option but it might just take a while for someone to get back to you!

Hope that makes sense :)

It does make sense and thank you for clearing this up for us all as it was pretty confusing in the first place,

Thank you