Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mental Health-They found out...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
2 Weeks Ago my workplace found out about my mental health and since then I've tried to be extra cautious and mindful.Very difficult though.....

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Do you want to chat some more, the thread doesn't really give us much to go off. Have work said anything?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you want to chat some more, the thread doesn't really give us much to go off. Have work said anything?

Hello; sorry that's my fault for not really saying much, I just don't really know where to begin to be honest.

They had a meeting with me about it and I dont even know how they guessed and/or found out x
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Oh right, I guess maybe they are just concerned about you.

What do you do as a job if you don't mind me asking?

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Oh right, I guess maybe they are just concerned about you.

What do you do as a job if you don't mind me asking?

I work as a 1:1 teaching assistant in a primary school x

I don't know where their concerns would have or could have from though :S x
    Hey AngelFace97,

Sounds like you're having a tough time at work at the moment *hug*

When you say you've tried to be cautious and mindful, what do you mean by that?

I wonder if you have any form of support at work or even outside of work - what was the outcome of your meeting?

We're here if you want to talk some more :yes:
    raich wrote: »
    Hey AngelFace97,

Sounds like you're having a tough time at work at the moment *hug*

When you say you've tried to be cautious and mindful, what do you mean by that?

I wonder if you have any form of support at work or even outside of work - what was the outcome of your meeting?

We're here if you want to talk some more :yes:

Hello, thank you so much for the support.

What I mean when I say that is that I need to be cautious and mindful of how I act and my emotion control such as with the crying.Hope this makes sense, even though I feel there is more to it yet I'm just not completely sure how to explain.

I don't really have any support although do turn to a friend who's also a colleague a fair bit...My psychiatric assessment is coming up soon as well, as you know so hopefully good comes from that.

they gave me a number to call for support and said theyd be keeping an eye on me at the workplace now,I feel this is both a good and a bad thing

xx
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular

they gave me a number to call for support and said theyd be keeping an eye on me at the workplace now,I feel this is both a good and a bad thing

xx

sounds like thy are just looking out for you making sure you are still okay to do the job. try not to worry about it too much im sure everything will turn out okay. Stay strong xx*hug**hug*
    louisa982 wrote: »

sounds like thy are just looking out for you making sure you are still okay to do the job. try not to worry about it too much im sure everything will turn out okay. Stay strong xx*hug**hug*

Maybe...I am not so sure of that to be honest, but thank you very much for that anyway. I hope it will all be okay but meh :(
    Hey AngelFace97,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're getting on at work :)
    Hey AngelFace97,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're getting on at work :)

Hi, I am actually off of work until 4th Jan now since it is the Christmas holidays(I work in a school). I have another meeting with the HR manager when I go back.

I hate the holidays though!

Thank you SO much for checking in ::) x

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian

Hi, I am actually off of work until 4th Jan now since it is the Christmas holidays(I work in a school). I have another meeting with the HR manager when I go back.

I hate the holidays though!

Thank you SO much for checking in ::) x

Sounds like you've been having it really tough from work, I don't really know what to say I'm afraid, how do you feel about the HR meeting? *hug*

Sounds like you've been having it really tough from work, I don't really know what to say I'm afraid, how do you feel about the HR meeting? *hug*

I'm anxious about it but am also starting to realise more and more that it's standards and procedure, which is making it feel a little easier.

Hannah
    Back to work tomorrow-after 18 days off for the xmas/new year break/holidays..Scared and worried im gonna end up breaking down into tears while I'm there :(:(
    Hi Hannah,

As you mentioned it's work following procedures, and hopefully you can discuss your options for support :yes:

Try not to be too hard on yourself and we're here if you need to talk after tomorrow *hug*
    Hi Hannah,

As you mentioned it's work following procedures, and hopefully you can discuss your options for support :yes:

Try not to be too hard on yourself and we're here if you need to talk after tomorrow *hug*

That's true. Im just really worrying and feeling anxious about it, on top of other things going on in my mind :crying::crying:
    That's true. Im just really worrying and feeling anxious about it, on top of other things going on in my mind :crying::crying:

I think it's normal to feel anxious about something like this - it's okay to feel the way you do. Try to hold onto the fact that you know it's just procedure. It also sounds as though people at work really do care and want to support you if they can - try and allow that because you deserve care and support. Do let us know how the meeting goes *hug*

I think it's normal to feel anxious about something like this - it's okay to feel the way you do. Try to hold onto the fact that you know it's just procedure. It also sounds as though people at work really do care and want to support you if they can - try and allow that because you deserve care and support. Do let us know how the meeting goes *hug*

It is natural to feel something like this..I haven't the meeting just yet :s But will certainly let you know on here about how it goes x Feeling pretty lost :S x
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your meeting :heart:
    apandav wrote: »
    Just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your meeting :heart:
    Thank you Amanda, I haven't had the meeting as of yet as still waiting for HR manager to get back to me at the moment..

Hannah x

Psychiatric assessment appointment tomorrow :S x
    Psychiatric assessment appointment tomorrow :S x

Good luck :heart:

My advice would be to just be honest so they know how best to help you! I know it's scary but it will feel better once everythings out there (honestly).

Hope all goes well- but remember we are here no matter what :heart:
    apandav wrote: »

Good luck :heart:

My advice would be to just be honest so they know how best to help you! I know it's scary but it will feel better once everythings out there (honestly).

Hope all goes well- but remember we are here no matter what :heart:

Thank you Amanda.

Here for you too xx
    Thanks, how did it go? Xx
    It was really difficult.And I have to go for more assessments too,just like you do.

I've also been professionally but informally diagnosed with borderline personality disorder....x
    It was really difficult.And I have to go for more assessments too,just like you do.

I've also been professionally but informally diagnosed with borderline personality disorder....x

Sending *hug* s, I understand how difficult it must be (as I've being experiencing something similar) but I'm here to listen if you need to chat :heart:

Keep us updated if it helps :heart:

How does it make you feel having a diagnosis?

Take care Hannah xx
    It makes me feel quite disheartened and annoyed.Labels are hard but in a way I'm kind of pleased that it was given.

It sounds as though we're experiencing similar things atm in terms of it all Hun.xx
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Hannah,

How did you feel about the Psychiatric assessment? - Were you informed much about what Borderline Personality Disorder means? When I was diagnosed with BPD, I had a million questions, I did research, etc. But like the more I looked into it, and was told about it in relation to me, I gained more understanding about myself and my behaviours, and you can always ask on here if you have any questions, we might not no the answer, but were here :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    Heya,
    The Psychiatric Assessment was really hard and I had found it quite emotional and overwhelming. I wasn't informed much about it although I had previously had a strong inner feeling that I have BPD yet that was actually proven to be correct professionally but not officially currently.

How do you find it for you?

Hannah xx