Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So, the big one ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Thoughts, predictions ?

I have to say I'm nervous, but confident, I predict a 3-1 win, I think Brazil have recieved way too much undeserved credit, how quickly everyone forgets how poor they were before the tournament, since arriving what have they actually done thats impressive ? Beating China and Costa Rica is irrelevant, they are both very weak sides, only a late late goal sneaked a victory which was hardly convincing when they played the Turks and they were out played for the majority of the game against those mighty giants of world football Belgium.

Brazil have well documented weakness's in defence, England have no obvious weakness and can score goals on the break and from set plays.

Key battles ? Rio v Roanldo, Butt v Rivaldo, Carlos v Beckham :eek: The game will be won and lost by these 6 players.

The referee is Mexican, not sure on that, but if the standars is maintained from the ret of the tournament we should have no trouble, Ashley Cole is the only player on a yellow so no worries there :)

But one thing above all else, Brazil are dangerous, give them an inch and they will take a mile, if England are on top form both mentally and in footballing terms it'll be the semis, but if they give Brazil a sniff of weakness then one piece of magic and we'll be at Heathrow monday morning.

Prepare yourselves, this will the game of the tournament and could go down in history as an all time classic, the fact we are involved makes it all the more beautiful

England, make it magnificent.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've got a funny feeling England will win the World Cup this year :eek:

I reckon you might beat Brazil 2-0, maybe even 3-0. Then the semi final will be an anti climax, you'll scrape through before beating Spain 2-0 in the final.
  • Options
    Originally posted by atomic brian
    I've got a funny feeling England will win the World Cup this year :eek:

If they do, we'll never hear the end of it :p

2 - 2 then perhaps will go onto penalties. *plays World In Motion*:D
  • Options
    Re: So, the big one ?
    Originally posted by ebb
    ...Ashley Cole is the only player on a yellow so no worries there :)...

Mills was booked against Denmark so surely he's on a yellow as well?? :confused:

I'm also nervous, excited, confident and all sorts of other things. I almost feel like I'm playing - maybe because I have to go to bed early and get up specially :confused:

I think we'll do em. I honestly do. I'm gonna say 2-1 England but I'd like to see more than one goal between us. Imagine being one goal up against a team so capable of scoring goals :eek: - the England Football Team never do it easily.

I also honestly feel that if we beat Brazil we'll win it. If Brazil beat us they could easily win it. The winner will beat Senegal/Turkey in the semi's (Brazil vs Turkey again?!). If we put in a performance like the ones against Germany and Argentina there is no doubt in my mind we'll beat anyone in the world. Sven knows what he's doing and is well more capable than Scolari...
  • Options
    yeah mills not cole ! ooooooooops !

carlos is on a yellow, hopefully that'll give becks an advantage
  • Options
    _38087099_trafalgar300mm.jpg
  • Options
    2-0 England, COME ON!
  • Options
    I reckon England will find tomorrows game tough because the teams they have been playing haven't been that great!! but I know they will end up winning!! and I know what the score will be! England : 2 Brazil : 1 England scorers Beckham and Owen!! For Brazil Ronaldo! Come On You ENGLAND!!!