Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GCSE English speaking and listening

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi guys, in English we are about to start speaking and listening.

I'm working mainly on a C grade but my tutor has informed me that I'm just under a B (yes I know I don't exactly show it in this thread)
I really can't decide on a subject topic for my presentation. I want to do a subject where I can engage with my audience e.g. being able to ask them questions as well as them asking me. my tutor has suggested we use our hobbies but mine is creative writing and I feel that will be boring and I can't really connect with my audience. Another idea I had was the NSPCC as I'm a child care student however I'm not an expert and feel this will also limit the communication between me and the class.

HELP...........
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Sorry it seems my post has posted twice
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey :wave:

Have you done your presentation yet?

Both the topics you suggested are good ideas! I like your idea to engage with your audience instead of just talking about a topic :thumb: Creative writing could be a good way to get people talking about how they might start a story or something. You don't have to be an expert - if you wanted you could do a little bit of research on the charity and perhaps engage them by discussing what things they could do to help :yes: You could even talk a bit about your child care study and the most interesting things you've learned.

Let us know how you get on :)
    When I did mine, (this was years ago and I think things may have changed since then?) we had to somehow end up with a debate. So, with child care / NSPPC, you could go down the route of child abuse, etc.
    Hi guys, I haven't done my presentation yet. I've kinda gone off the NSPCC idea as I don't know peoples backgrounds and don't want to upset anyone who is sensitive or perhaps has gone through something within the nature of the topic. I think I might do it on positive thinking and how many of us value/view ourselves based on how we are labelled by others.
    Thank you for replying by the way :)
    Hi guys, I haven't done my presentation yet. I've kinda gone off the NSPCC idea as I don't know peoples backgrounds and don't want to upset anyone who is sensitive or perhaps has gone through something within the nature of the topic. I think I might do it on positive thinking and how many of us value/view ourselves based on how we are labelled by others.

I thought about that after posting it.

Could you prehaps talk to your child care teacher?
    Hey!
    I did mine last year and got an A in it. I was super nervous because I'm terrible with speaking in front of people but I found that it's so much easier if you pick a topic that you're truly passionate about. It also makes it an awful lot easier to learn! Good luck, let us know how it goes.
    Emi :) xxx