Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

"What's your type?"

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Have you ever been asked the question:

"What's your type?"

It seems like a pretty common question. The fact that we ask it suggests that most of us do have a "type" - a preference for a certain type of person. The answers are often physical - maybe you like a certain eye colour, hair colour or physique. But we might also like "funny, talkative people", or "quiet, sensitive people".

So, do you have a type? And if you have a partner at the moment, do they fit it?

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Brunette, similar build to me, shortish hair (bob length). And yes, she fits it.

Admittedly sadly the question I get asked more is "So who's the man in the relationship?" :banghead:
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    That's must be a pretty frustrating question to get plugitin! It's interesting how attached people can be to that 'traditional' view of relationships. Do you have a suitably witty response to that?

Interesting too to hear about your type. Has it always been that?
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    James wrote: »
    That's must be a pretty frustrating question to get plugitin! It's interesting how attached people can be to that 'traditional' view of relationships. Do you have a suitably witty response to that?

Interesting too to hear about your type. Has it always been that?

I think I need to get a witty response, normally I'm just like "GENDER ROLES DON'T EXIST".

I think even through the repressing the thoughts it's always been that, although Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in Bend It Like Beckham :love: (admittedly maybe in hindsight I was watching it more for Keira Knightley :blush:)