Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The "Last Book You Read" Thread

2»

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Just finished the manifesto on how to be interesting. Never thought id see the day that I finished a book but I did it. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wanna buy both of hollys books

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I wanna buy both of hollys books

Sent by Sony Xperia
    They are so goooood :heart: I started soulmates a while ago, I need to finish it.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    They are so goooood :heart: I started soulmates a while ago, I need to finish it.

I might go have a look today

Sent by Sony Xperia
    last book i read was 'The manifesto on how to be Interesting' by Holly Bourne, who actually works on this site! It' an amazing book that deals with a lot of issues of adolescence that are brushed off in society, would highly recommend it!
    Before I Go To Sleep. Probably one of the best crime thrillers I've read.
    I'm gonna start reading the twilights again I think

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Running out of tears - book title. It's such a hard hitting book but worth reading. Only half way through it and I've already been resorted to tears

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • charliwantscakecharliwantscake Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    A very nice man gave me his copy of The Cuckoo's Calling while I was in Jury service!

Anyway, the last book I read was 'The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting' by Holly Bourne. It was amazing! I've just ordered a new book from Amazon so that will probably be the next book I read xD
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Charli, we've actually got a thread about The Manifesto on How to be Interesting here. Feel free to get involved :)
    Anyone read a fault in our stars? Going onto that ones I've read the book I'm reading atm

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Is it good?

Sent by Sony Xperia
    The starboard sea
    My god, you wasn't kidding about the fault in our stars. I've had to put it down because I was hysterically crying!! How can you get in such a state about a book. I'm not sure if I want to read until the end to be honest

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Wonder.

I laughed, I cried and I sat in awe when I finished. Such a powerful book.
    ella! wrote: »
    Wonder.

I laughed, I cried and I sat in awe when I finished. Such a powerful book.

Read blurb. Read reviews. Just ordered ;)
    What's wonder about?

Sent by Sony Xperia
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    What's wonder about?

Sent by Sony Xperia

Wonder
    Wow sounds like a strong story. May have to order it

Sent by Sony Xperia
    I'm done reading Divergent Series..

They are superb!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Currently reading The Mortal Instrument, City of Bones :heart:
  • ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Heaven is for Real: A little boys astounding story of his trip to Heaven and back by Todd Burpo -

About a little 4 year old boy who claims during a serious surgery he went to Heaven and visited Jesus. He could recall information that he should not know (e.g. his mother's miscarriage, his parents being in separate rooms and what they were doing during his surgery). It's quite good and the film made about it is equally as good. It's rather thought provoking. I would recommend it to anybody. Regardless of faiths or beliefs it makes you question life and the meaning of it that little bit more.

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Really enjoyed reading "Am I normal?" By Holly Bourne - I discovered it on thesite :)

Im one of those people who goes through phases of reading a lot then stops for a while. Normally when I find a good book, it inspires me to start reading again- this book did :)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Girl Online

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I just finished 'The Manifesto on How To Be Interesting', guess we all know where I heard about it ;)

Been doing lots of reading recently, hurrah!
    I think the last book I actually finished was the fault in our stars, and if I remember rightly, that must have been around February time. As if it's been half a year and I haven't read a book since. I'm actually shocked about that. I do own quite a few books that I haven't yet read so I should get back into it if I can.
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...finally! So good...now onto the second one!
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...finally! So good...now onto the second one!

Love those. Got through them in a weekend as an end of exams celebration!

ninaballet wrote: »

Love those. Got through them in a weekend as an end of exams celebration!

Have you seen the films?? I can't decide whether to watch them after each book or read them all first. Only just managed to get hold of the 2nd one so that's my weekend sorted lol :-)

Have you seen the films?? I can't decide whether to watch them after each book or read them all first. Only just managed to get hold of the 2nd one so that's my weekend sorted lol :-)

I haven't. They're so long, I just lose concentration!