Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General rant...

Georgie_Georgie_ Posts: 112 The Mix Convert
Wasn't sure whether to post this in here or student, so think I'm gonna split it... Put the education-y bit elsewhere... Sorry.

I'm struggling.. I'm trying to keep going, but it's just so bloody difficult. Been at the hospital school since March and that's making things very difficult (but that's for another post) so family things aren't great. We also got the letter for the results appointment for a week on Thursday and I'm so nervous about it. A diagnosis won't change anything, I understand that, I'm just wary of being labelled. Sigh.

Stupid things are annoying me. Radiator is burning my ear. -_-

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Got a radiator key? Then you can turn off the heat a bit.

I'm sure your appointments results will be good.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Georgie_ wrote: »
    Wasn't sure whether to post this in here or student, so think I'm gonna split it... Put the education-y bit elsewhere... Sorry.

I'm struggling.. I'm trying to keep going, but it's just so bloody difficult. Been at the hospital school since March and that's making things very difficult (but that's for another post) so family things aren't great. We also got the letter for the results appointment for a week on Thursday and I'm so nervous about it. A diagnosis won't change anything, I understand that, I'm just wary of being labelled. Sigh.

Stupid things are annoying me. Radiator is burning my ear. -_-

Hey Goergie,

Did it help to have a bit of a rant? It sounds like you're feeling tired and I'm sorry to hear things with your family aren't going so well - do you want to tell us a bit more about it? We're here to listen and help if we can.

Let us know how your diagnosis goes if you'd like to. It's natural to feel worried about being labelled but remember that this diagnosis isn't all that you are.You might want to start a thread to ask the community to share their experiences of diagnosis, it might help to hear how others have coped.

*hug*
  • Georgie_Georgie_ Posts: 112 The Mix Convert
    Hi,

Yeah It did. Family's just touchy, dad told me that me being "unwell has gone in long enough" and he's tired of it. Sigh. Mothers struggling with her own issues so small stuff is causing big arguments and dad doesn't need the encouragement to argue or get mad... fingers crossed things will calm down soon.

Nearer Thursday gets the more scared I am about it. Wish I'd never agreed to it, I know I can still back out and say forget it literally until I'm told and it won't be made "official" so I can still change my mind but I think it matters to mum too much. Think the nerves and such are mainly because of jo my brother was treated when he was diagnosed.

Sorry