Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New here .-.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Welp,
My name is Leah, I'm 22 years old and a college student going for a Bachelor's degree at Full Sail University.
I like to read and write, I'm a published author (short stories) and my degree is Creative Writing. I love video games, I'm a huuuuge geek. I also like comics, manga, anime, K-dramas, K-pop etc etc. I am a former meth user and self-injurer. I have a really big heart and sometimes that gets me into a lot of trouble. But hey, if you guys have PSN I have a PS4, we should play sometime :)

Comments

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Leah :wave:

Welcome to thesite boards :)

Amanda
  • Options
    Hey Leah,

Welcome to TheSite boards - 'tis always great to have a new member and I love your intro :)
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Welcome Leah :)
  • Options
    Welp,
    My name is Leah, I'm 22 years old and a college student going for a Bachelor's degree at Full Sail University.
    I like to read and write, I'm a published author (short stories) and my degree is Creative Writing. I love video games, I'm a huuuuge geek. I also like comics, manga, anime, K-dramas, K-pop etc etc. I am a former meth user and self-injurer. I have a really big heart and sometimes that gets me into a lot of trouble. But hey, if you guys have PSN I have a PS4, we should play sometime :)

Welcome to the forums, Leah.

I'm interested in your Creative Writing degree and fact you are a published author goes a long way towards reaching the goal of achievement in life. Do you write for Amazon Kindle? I have useful information that can get you started in working as an author with KDP as Amazon pay their Kindle authors a lot better than standard publishers. I am already published, but for privacy prefer not to disclose.

I have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering which took 9 years' slog and currently I'm working towards achieving a BA (Honours) in English Language, Literature and Journalism with Open University.

A degree is what one has strived hard to achieve in the hope it will go towards getting a better job, than one without. You don't have to be smart or gifted to embark on a degree; just that you have to be prepared to work hard. Really it's proof of your ability to learn new information and understand that information, that you can plan your time and see something through no matter if it is difficult, so future employers will be happier to employ you knowing that you have managed to do such things.
    I wish you luck in your endeavours. :)