Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kat Chat! Recovery and mental health - New Date! Thurs 10th Sept, 8 - 9:30pm

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
d1e95b4148b68a743b7f63d1288a5521.jpg

Hey everyone,

On Thursday 10th September from 8-9.30pm, TheSite's good friend Kat Cormack (peer support and mental health extroadinaire) is hosting a chat all about the idea of recovery from mental health difficulties: Is it possible? If so, what does it look like, how can we work to get there and what happens if it's not as smooth as we'd like?

If you want to learn more about the slippery concept of recovery, then this chat is for you, read on for more info and to put your name down yes.gif

A bit about Kat
fetch?id=3525021
My name is Kat, i'm 26 and i live in Herts and work in London.

I'm a service user (mental health) and i also love participation so i do a lot of volunteer work. I've worked for YoungMinds and the NHS so i feel like i'm a bit of an odd mix of "young person" and professional.

Really looking forward to getting to know people smile.gif

A bit about the chat

The chat will run from 8-9.30pm and Kat will lead some different discussions to do with what our friends can do to help, what we'd really like them not to do!, what stops us from reaching out sometimes and how you can look after yourself when helping someone else thumb.gif

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    *Bump* thanks to everyone who's signed up to this so far! We've still got some spaces if you haven't had a chance to get your name down :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A couple of spaces left for tonight - do sign up if you're interested, Kat's sessions are always great.

For those that have signed up already we'll be in touch today to confirm the details :)
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: Chat postponed! Due to our host Kat being stuck somewhere with rubbish WiFi we're going to have to postpone this chat so it won't be taking place tonight as she's not able to get online Old Mad She sends her apologies.

It will run next week on Thursday 10th September instead at the same time. If you had a place for tonight then you have a place for next week - get in touch if you can't make it. I'll be PMing you all too :)

Apologies folks! Support chat is on as usual and we'll see you for this one next week :thumb:
    This postponed chat is happening tomorrow night (Thursday 10th) - if you signed up first time round then the details you were sent via PM still stand.

The chat will start at 8pm in the workshop room and I'll send a reminder of the password round tomorrow.

:)
    I've got a space, but I'm gonna be in Cornwall so someone else can have my place :)
    Couple more places left - do sign up if you'd like to come along tonight!
    Looking forward to chatting with you all tonight!

Kat