Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sat in college now freaking out

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I am at college, got an hour to my next lesson and the only quiet place I could find is the libary, I feel like I just had a panic attack, had to work in groups with people I don't know in media last lesson and I was too nervous to speak to any of them, I feel like I let them down and first lesson I kept zoneing out and thinking about everything.

To say it the simple way,no I'm not okay,I'm struggling so much,got English to get through next which starts at 3.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey jpeople,

It's good you managed to find somewhere quiet to unwind a bit after your media lesson. Do you know what you're nervous about in terms of speaking to new people?

Breathing exercises can help, here is one from our panic attacks article:
    Close your mouth and breathe using your nose.
    Take a normal sized breath, for three seconds. Count along the seconds in your head.
    Now breathe out – still through your nose – for another three seconds.
    Picture something calming and beautiful – maybe waves lapping gently across an empty beach?
    Keep breathing in using your nose.
    In for three…out for three…in for three…out for three.
    Do this for at least two minutes.

Good luck with English at 3 - sometimes even if you can just say one thing in a discussion or in the class, even if it's 'I agree with x' then at least you have said something and you can work on building your confidence each lesson. Take your time :)
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Thank you for that Jo, I think I'm just one of those types of people who enjoy their own company and what scares me the most is getting peoples names wrong,I would look like an idiot if I done that and my confidence is so bad, I think it maybe in the past I used to openly speak to people and some of them took the piss out of me because I stutter a little bit when I talk so I'm scared of other peoples reactions,that happened back in secondary school but that really knocked my confidence so much and I left secondary school nearly two years ago.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Big *hug* s Jpeople, I wish you all the best for your lesson at 3!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending you hugs jpeople. How you feeling now? Remember we are here.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "