Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tapatalk is back up - have a play

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hey :wave:

Just wanted to let you know that we have re-installed tapatalk on the boards so you should be able to access it again through your mobiles. We're not 100% happy with the app - emoticons aren't showing properly for example and it has ads on it now :grump:

If you're a tapatalk fan, make sure you have the latest version downloaded and then have a play with it and let us know how you get on. We're really keen to make the boards as mobile-friendly as we can and we're aware it's not ideal at the moment so we'll keep working on it.

For those that haven't tried it, Tapatalk is a forum app for Android and iphone and let's you access TheSite boards on your mobile: https://tapatalk.com/

Here's a glimpse of what it looks like on Android..

Attachment not found.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Your attachment didn't work!

From just trying to log in, it's still very, very slow!

Really not liking the gifs either.

BUT I'm glad to see it back :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Glad its back. Although I can only see posts on tapatalk from before the update. Some say April on them. Not sure.

Also when I clicked mark all it still was showing unread.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Mine did that, but then took a while to update... Maybe It just needs to sync?
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    So glad it's back up
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went through an obsession with tapatalk once but I'm hesitant about trying it again because of how much change I'm imagining there to be D:
    Just testing 😐

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The ' comes up as a big triangle like it's not recognised?
    It's showing the last post on a thread on the timeline page but when I go into the thread, it's not there and showing previous posts as last in the thread. I've tried refreshing and reopening the app.
    Also tried to open the thread via the Web view link in app and it took me to a random thread in the introductions forum!
    plugitin wrote: »
    It's showing the last post on a thread on the timeline page but when I go into the thread, it's not there and showing previous posts as last in the thread. I've tried refreshing and reopening the app.
    Also tried to open the thread via the Web view link in app and it took me to a random thread in the introductions forum!

That happened to me before when I tried opening ranty thread it took me to June 30th posts.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    That happened to me before when I tried opening ranty thread it took me to June 30th posts.

We've had similar problems during our testing - it's something we'll look into :)
    I tried to go on this before but it's saying "the username and password don't match or I don't have an account already" - something along them lines anyway. Which is understandable because since then, I have changed password a few times. Is there a way to reset password on tapatalk or am I just being dumb? :p
    Not sure if that's worded right. I can get on tapatalk, it just won't let me go on TheSite.
    I think it's asking for your TS password? So providing you know that you should be able to log in?
    Yep, but it's not giving me an option to put my TheSite password in D:
    It's not an issue, I could just delete the app and download it again but huge effort mann :p
    I nominated a post thru tapatalk for potm a while ago (post upgrade, think it was beginning July, may have been end June ha) (think the post was nominated by someone else in any case!) but it hasn't gone on the list for either of the last two months so I was wondering if the report function is working properly on tapa?
    I nominated a post thru tapatalk for potm a while ago (post upgrade, think it was beginning July, may have been end June ha) (think the post was nominated by someone else in any case!) but it hasn't gone on the list for either of the last two months so I was wondering if the report function is working properly on tapa?

Thanks Kate, we'll test this out at our end and look into it for you - I think you may be right :mad:
    Another one!
    I linked to something in a post last night using the URL button, it worked on the boards but on tapa the link just says [url= then nothing!

Do I just need to get a new set of devices so everything works as it should? :D
    Ah yes I can see what you mean! I am getting it displaying the same on Tapatalk :( It's tricky as Tapatalk is a third party app we don't have huge control over fixing bugs on the app. We can only double check it's nothing to do with the forum on our end.

As it is working on the forum itself on desktop it seems unlikely. I shall report it nonetheless! Thanks for letting us know :thumb:
    Tapatalk isnt showing any posts on unread that are recent. They are from August 2nd. :S
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Oh. Updated it and it seems okay. Just slow.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Glad to hear it's working, though sorry to hear it's slow.
    As Jo said, as we don't control Tapatalk, there's nothing we can really do about that unfortunately. Let's hope they update it soon :)
    I was having problems with tapatalk and getting onto TS, so I removed it and then put it back on my phone and I can't seem to find TS again..
    meggles wrote: »
    Can't even find thesite on tapatalk. Apparently it doesn't exist

Hey megs, yeah it's not been working for a while unfortunately. We need to upgrade at our end to the new version. We had been due to do that at the end of last year but I'm going to chase it up to find out the status! Thanks for flagging it :)