Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dog Fouling - Who should pick it up??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

I recently noticed how much dog fouling was left on today's streets and why there is.

There are dog owners who are very responsible picking up after their dog and some who arnt. The owners who don't we seem to see a lot.

However, who do you think should pick it up? Also what should we have in place for this to stop happening?

What do you think?

Comments

• Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    I think the owners every time, otherwise they shouldn't have a dog.

If they don't pick it up, I think they should be forced to tread in it, then clean it up! :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Danny! wrote: »
    If they don't pick it up, I think they should be forced to tread in it, then clean it up! :)

:lol: This made me laugh
    Where I live and where my parents live, (they're a few miles from me in the same city) there's a serious lack of bins. And they wonder why so few people pick up after their dogs.

I'm not sure how you can really enforce this.

We're lucky - my parents dog won't go toilet on walks and wait until they get home.
    Melian wrote: »
    Where I live and where my parents live, (they're a few miles from me in the same city) there's a serious lack of bins. And they wonder why so few people pick up after their dogs.

This. Where I live they've recently removed nearly all of the bins that were specifically there for putting dog poo in, it's not exactly helping the whole situation by taking the bins away.

Three strikes then send them to Vietnam.

Thailand-Vietnam-restaurant-dogs.jpg
    That's horrific. Them poor dogs :(
    I always pick up and dispose of my dog's poop. To not to is downright inconsiderate.
    Most towns have dog wardens on the lookout, so dog owners can get fined if they don't.
    I don't think it's even a question, owners are responsible for anything their pet leaves behind.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I think it should be placed down on the owner, and there are laws put in place for certain owners, yet nothings being done about it, there not getting caught, and even if they did it would pretty much be a waste of police time. Or would it?

Like many owners that I know will keep the dog in an appropriate walking distance from home and thos who I've spoken to have went on about the key issue being not enough bins, so having to come home and all that m'larky.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    minimi38 wrote: »
    Three strikes then send them to Vietnam.

Thailand-Vietnam-restaurant-dogs.jpg

Please tell me this is an absolutely disgraceful joke?
    Absolutely disgraceful?
    minimi38 wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful?

It's disgusting. Do you honestly agree with stuff like that?
    Why is it that dogs evoke such a response when other animals are treated just as appallingly and then served on dinner tables around the country?

In response to the original question, the dog owner, every time!
    All animal abuse is absolutely fucking disgusting - I suppose you just see it more with dogs, as in the news/society talk about it more. People respond to what they see/hear.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Clearly the owners should. What I don't understand is the idiots who pick it up, and then leave the bag behind. Dick heads.
    Weekender Offender