Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What does your boyfriend or girlfriend buy that annoys you? (and vice versa)

Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
In a relationship, your finances can affect each other even if you don't share a bank account. If your boyfriend/girlfriend buys a PlayStation 4, or a new bike, or a £100 dress; can they still afford to pay their share of a trip away together, or split the bill for dinner?

Sometimes, it's just really annoying when your partner spends money on something you can't understand ("£4 for a box of muesli? I can get a box for £1 at Lidl!". "Do you really need to spend £600 on a phone?").

This isn't about wrong or right, but I'd guess most of us get annoyed by something sometimes. So, what do you buy that annoys your boyfriend/girlfriend? What do they buy that annoys you? What has annoyed people in the past?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Right now I know spending all of my money on fags and alcohol annoys my girlfriend when I should be spending the money to travel and see her, but she loves me either way :p

When I was with my ex, we annoyed each other all of the time in terms of money. He got so, so obsessed with buying old figures and stuff like that from Ebay and he would spend way too much on them. This obsession grew at a period of time where we were really struggling in terms of affording the bills and he got to a point where he would buy loads at one time and not tell me, so they would just turn up and he would suddenly come out with "I spent this much money". It got to the point where we were running out of room because they were just clogging up the house. He then wanted me to save all of my spare money so that we could dip into it if we couldn't afford all of the bills. So I got into the routine of buying a lot of new clothes and I know that annoyed him. It shouldn't be one way though. This was the one issue that I felt confident was not truly my fault so why shouldn't I spend my spare money on what I want if he was allowed to do so much more than me?
  • Options
    It's what she doesn't buy that annoys me. Trying to persuade her to buy that new dress is like pulling teeth.
  • Options
    Buying more food than we need, so half of it goes in the bin.

I suspect I irritate my boy in a similar way to Arctic's annoyance. Getting me to buy a new dress for the wedding we're going to this weekend must have been torture for him.
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    It's what she doesn't buy that annoys me. Trying to persuade her to buy that new dress is like pulling teeth.
    I suspect I irritate my boy in a similar way to Arctic's annoyance. Getting me to buy a new dress for the wedding we're going to this weekend must have been torture for him.

That's interesting, so it's spending too little that's the problem? What is it that gets in the way, makes it hard to buy that new dress?