Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Disclosure Confidentiality

ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
Hiya Guys,

I honestly wasn't sure where to post this so I figured maybe I could post it here.

Basically I just had a question and wasn't sure who to ask. My question is:

If you were to disclose something (to say a youth worker or something) but it was past and you're over 18 but you still see this person, can they break confidentiality and tell someone? Or does it entirely depend on the content and context of the disclosure?

Thanks to anybody who answers...

- ShatteredSecrets

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends on the situation. If you're in danger or risk putting someone elses life in danger, they can tell someone.
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi ShatteredSecrets. It's hard to give a precise answer, as it would depend on the agency you're dealing with as well, as the content and context of your disclosure.

What you can do first though, is to have a conversation with them about confidentiality, and what it means to them and you. That would probably give you the closest answer to your question, and you can then decide what exactly you want to share with them, and what you don't.