Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

If you had unlimited time and money, which hobby would you take up?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I want to hear about hobbies which you want to have, but maybe don't have time for, don't have the money for etc... OR maybe you do have the time and money... is so what do you do!

I have two hobbies which I would take up if I had the time and the money these are;
- Have a marine fish tank, its quite expensive and takes up a lot of time but some of the tanks look stunning.

Attachment not found.

- Run my own cat rescue sanctuary! People who know me will know I love cats, and to be around them all day everyday would be wonderful!

Everyone needs a hobby, what would yours be?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think I would work with animals too, work in a rescue centre or study to become a vet or in conservation. Id also cook more and travel everywhere!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I'd love to do more photography and get more skilled. Plus it would also tie in with loads of my other hobbies!
    Astrophotography. Getting into it slowly but with a small wage, I can't afford the good stuff!
    hmmm7 wrote: »
    - Have a marine fish tank, its quite expensive and takes up a lot of time but some of the tanks look stunning.

:yes: I loove marine fish tanks. I've thought about converting mine for a while but I just can't bring myself to spend as much on it as I'd need to. Can imagine it being something I'd take up when retired though.

• Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    That's funny - I opened this post thinking about keeping fish too! I accidentally adopted three goldfish last week and have got really into making them a home.

I like the idea of a marine fish tank. I'd really like to have one with crabs in.
    I would love to do skiing.
    Thanks for the replies guys! Seems like photography is quite a popular one for people to want to get into.
    Petrichor - Its really expensive isn't it! I really want to do it but don't think I would have the time needed to spend on it so I'm re-doing my smaller tank and making it planted properly.

Danny! - How did you manage to accidentally adopt goldfish?! It's really rewarding when you get it right and I find it calming just to sit and admire my tank! I love learning about keeping all different types of fish and the needs they have. Quite sad but I really enjoy it!
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Keeping the fishy vibe going - I would love to scuba dive, I qualified on holiday a few years ago and wish I had the time to go regularly (even in the chilly UK) and also the money to be able to dive in incredible places.
    Petrichor - Its really expensive isn't it! I really want to do it but don't think I would have the time needed to spend on it so I'm re-doing my smaller tank and making it planted properly.

It certainly is! My dad has just converted his and I hear the time in upkeeping it is much less than people make out, but the money is certainly no joke! I could probably save up enough over time but I really have more important things to spend the money on. With tropical fish, it's nice because you can spend £10 or less here and there on some new fish or plants. With marine, you're looking at putting a hole in your bank balance whatever you do!

A well planted freshwater tank can certainly be as lovely to have. :)
    Hmm... That's a ood question, well, I sure would like to invest some time and money in jewelry making - not the expensive stuff, though. And knowing myself I would get lost under a mountain of books :d
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Danny! - How did you manage to accidentally adopt goldfish?! It's really rewarding when you get it right and I find it calming just to sit and admire my tank! I love learning about keeping all different types of fish and the needs they have. Quite sad but I really enjoy it!

I was at my brother's house one evening cooking and having a few drinks, and he told me he had these goldfish he couldn't look after. So I said I'd take them, and carried them home on the tube and two trains! I'm enjoying it too - I'm picking them up a new tank from Freecycle tonight. I bought them plants and everything :)
    This is a great thread and really got me thinking!

I'd love to join a sports group - rock-climbing is something I've always wanted to try! Alternatively my boyfriend keeps trying to get me to try out scuba diving so I'd love to try that as well!

I've also attended two Comicon conventions in the last year so cosplaying is something I'd be interested in too!

So many things!