Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Holiday romances - can they last?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The sun is making a few more regular appearances now, which can only mean one thing...summer is almost here! And whether you go abroad for a break or opt for a stay-cation, a holiday romance could be on the cards.

I'd like to get your opinion on them - are they worth it and can they last? Or should we avoid them at all costs and just focus on having a good time with our mates? Have any of you got any good or bad holiday romance stories you'd care to share?

Looking forward to hearing what you've got to say!

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    of course they can last, but that depends on how committed those involved are. Often times you don't live near each other, so trying to establish a lasting relationship where there are simply too many inconvenient factors might not be interesting to any or both people. It can enrich your vacations, but like usual relationships also take away from it. If you are there with a few friends and then you abseil yourself to be with your romantic interest and leave your buddies to do their own thing than I think this is a bit rude. Probably the best solution is to incorporate the fling into the group and just spend certain times alone together where the group isn't glued together (post lunch rest, reading time, etc.)

As long as you don't take them too serious or you are at least on the same page it's a good experience imho.
  • Options
    I think it's always good to enjoy yourself when your on holiday and get the most out of it. Wether that's with family or friends you should always try and have a good time.

You will always find someone on a vacation who you will bond with if that's meeting a new friend or talking to someone at the bar. Only, when it comes to having a holiday romance its a bit different.

You know having a holiday romance is something what doesn't happen all the time and it comes when you least expect it.

However, when you do all you wanna do is spend time with them or see them again and that's what tends to happen. Although when it comes to the end of your holiday you know that you won't see them again and its time to on.

I'm not saying you will never see them again as you may do but I never think holiday romances do last. Once you have had your holiday that's it. It will be good wether most holiday romances have lasted though I doubt they have.

I'm not saying I don't recommend them but you just have to remember the situation.
  • Options
    Yes I agree that there's no harm in them and they can be useful relationship experience, as long as keep a level head about it all. As you said CrazyCat, you'll only be with them for a limited amount of time so it's best to just enjoy it while it lasts. It's probably best not to think to deeply about it, as it can be hard to tell whether you like them as much as you think or if the sun, sea and relaxed holiday atmosphere is shaping your feelings.

Whatever the case, they can be very fun and add a little extra to a holiday!