Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

quoting posts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know when you used to be able to add however many previous posts in to your reply, by just pressing that quote button and then clicking reply with quote, and they'd all show up? How do you do that now? I pressed the quote button on one post and then on someone else's and they didn't both come up, and I can't see the reply with quote button, unless I'm just being slow :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's a post about this in the post upgrade issues thread (I think that's what it was called anyway) explaining how to do it as far as I'm aware, might be worth having a look there bc I'm too lazy to explain :P There is a way to do it though!

Edit : I stopped being lazy. Here's how > Originally posted by How to multi-quote
    Click the quote button once, it will add the quote to the reply box. Click it again in another post, and you'll see an orange 'post reply (x)' button in the grey bar at the top of the thread (where 'x' is the number of quotes you've clicked). Press this button when you have finished quoting, and all the quotes will go into the reply box.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Nice one Hiccup! :thumb:

(For reference, that post is here ;) )

I've also moved this thread into the Help Desk
    Hiccup wrote: »
    There's a post about this in the post upgrade issues thread (I think that's what it was called anyway) explaining how to do it as far as I'm aware, might be worth having a look there bc I'm too lazy to explain :P There is a way to do it though!

Edit : I stopped being lazy. Here's how > Originally posted by How to multi-quote
    Click the quote button once, it will add the quote to the reply box. Click it again in another post, and you'll see an orange 'post reply (x)' button in the grey bar at the top of the thread (where 'x' is the number of quotes you've clicked). Press this button when you have finished quoting, and all the quotes will go into the reply box.
    James wrote: »
    Nice one Hiccup! :thumb:

(For reference, that post is here ;) )

I've also moved this thread into the Help Desk

I DID IT! Haha thanks guys. Sounded really complicated so I didn't even want to try as I though I'd get frustrated but it's pretty easy actually :)
    Oh my gosh. Is that how the old system worked? I always used to duplicate the tab, quote the second/third post, then copy the text to the other reply box in the first tab. :rolleyes:
    Petrichor wrote: »
    Oh my gosh. Is that how the old system worked? I always used to duplicate the tab, quote the second/third post, then copy the text to the other reply box in the first tab. :rolleyes:

Hahah oh gosh! You made it so much harder for yourself
    Petrichor wrote: »

Hahahahaha :lol: