Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the deal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really need some feedback. I was involved with a guy who befriended an "enemy" of mine. Now they have become involved, but only because she lies to him about me. He used to always come around for me and now he acts really funny. I'm trying to let it go BUT, I see him around and he MAKES SURE I see him. The majority of the time we see each other we lock eyes, with or without smiles or him waving in an asshole like fashion. I lock eyes with him because Im not ashamed and I have nothing to hide...the girl he chose had to lie to even get him. I feel like he looks at me as if he's trying to prove something. I just don't understand why he can no longer properly communicate with me, but still wants my attention. It bothers me that he only listened to one side of the story, started withdrawing himself from me, but is trying to get my attention still. If you are so certain I wronged you then why are you doing this? Hopefully somebody has some input on this situation.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there confused121,

I think there was a technical glitch when you posted as there were lots of duplicates of your post - that probably made it tricky for anyone to reply. I have deleted the duplicates now so hopefully you will see this response :)

First off, welcome to TheSite, it's great you have found us. This situation sounds really confusing for you, as you tell the story I find myself thinking, what is it that is the overall issue here and I think you hit the nail on the head when you say:
    it bothers me that he only listened to one side of the story, started withdrawing himself from me, but is trying to get my attention still.

You feel annoyed perhaps, that he didn't listen to you, I can see that feels unfair. It's not a nice feeling when we don't feel heard or trusted and when someone changes their behaviour towards us without our control.

It also sounds like he's playing games here with these mixed signals and I wonder - do you still want some kind of closure with this or could you manage to distance yourself and focus on other things?

Keeping busy and spending time with people that you do trust and know where you stand with may help to take your attention away from this situation, it seems to be playing on your mind.

Let us know how things are going :)