Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anxiety, depression and wanting to leave home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can I get a letter from my gp to help me get out of my mums as I can no longr live here I have got anxiety and depression I have started self harming again as all my family do is have a go at me over anything anf everything its making me ill I need to get asap but cant seem to find any help for me to move out plz if someone could help me I would be so grateful would mean a lot

thank you

sian

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can register yourself as homeless and cite family breakdown as the cause of this. You can then use a doctors letter citing your depression and anxiety as a reason for gaining priority on the housing list- however there is no guarantee and if things are getting particularly bad and you can't live there any more, a hostel or homeless unit may need to be a stop off for a couple of months until they find you social housing. The other option is for you to save as much money as you can and put money down for a deposit on your own flat, you can then put in an application for housing benefit to contribute towards your rent if you feel it will be difficult for you to pay it yourself. I hope this helps. :)
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Sian

I just wanted to give you these links:
    Shelter are always a good place to start with housing questions: http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/how_we_can_help/housing_advice_helpline

It sounds like it would be a good idea to let your GP know what's happening for you at the moment if you haven't already?

Danny
    Hi SianLoverronald, Im glad that you found The Site as were a close community, who don't judge who like to support others and be there for those who need it.

Im sorry to hear how bad your feeling right now, this can not be easy for you. I hope that we can some way help and support you.

Your right by saying that living at home isn't the answer to overcome those difficult thoughts and feelings when its becoming a everyday vicious circle and isn't helping anyone.

Have you heard of The Crisis Team? There maybe a few people on The Site who may be able to give you a bit more information about it but they help and support those who are in need of professional help when its comes to self harm. Do you think that maybe something to look into?

I know its hard right now at home but remember it wont be like that forever. Please remember that were here anytime.

Please keep reaching out x
    that great thank you so much sorry for taking so long to get back to you I have no been able to log on and only just got on here to night I will defo have a look at them to see if that can help me :)
    thank you so much sorry for taking so long to get back to you not been able to log on and olny just got on here to night I will defo have a look at them thank you so much :)
    thank you so much I am gald I found this as well as I feel I have no one to can talk to feel very alone right now feel I better off if I was not here no I have not but I will defo look them up if they can help me I will give them a go thank you for telling me about them :) thank you for all your support means a lot
    I don't think I would of heard of The Crisis Team if wasn't to do with The Site but maybe you don't need to thank me but those who would of been more supportive then I would of.

I hope that The Crisis Team is something what can help you in the near future and if it's not for you then it's not for you but remember there's support out there and you don't need to be on your own. Please don't think that.

Happy that your happy :)

Hugs x
    CrazyCat wrote: »
    I don't think I would of heard of The Crisis Team if wasn't to do with The Site but maybe you don't need to thank me but those who would of been more supportive then I would of.

I hope that The Crisis Team is something what can help you in the near future and if it's not for you then it's not for you but remember there's support out there and you don't need to be on your own. Please don't think that.

Happy that your happy :)

Hugs x

thank you but I am all ways on my own have been and will be for rest of my life now :'(
    You have us remember :)

Also your not on your on and there are people who can help. Maybe if you don't want the help now then in the future you it will help.

There are other people who feel the same way who understand and your not on your own.

You could always contact the Samaritans if you want someone to talk to and listen.

x
    thank you I rang them 2 days ago they r ringing me back to day I think I feel super alone got so much going on its making me so ill I cant think just wont to end it all now I cant cope feel like I am pushing everyone away :'( just wont to die