Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bladder Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Can anyone help me??

I've noticed a pattern recently every time I end up having a drink that I need keep using the toilet. I know this can be pretty normal after you had one or more a few drinks in the day but I find even having a small glass of water or something I have to use the toilet straight away.

I know in the past I've had these problems before and been to seen a professional about it. However, all they told me was I may have a weak bladder, only I've been told it could be a urine infection. I'm not sure what to believe.

Do you think it's a good idea to go back to my doctor or should I just leave it??

Thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it's troubling you or getting worse CrazyCat I'd suggest going back to the doctors. If it is a urine infection then it's likely that it might also be painful when you go to the toilet for a wee.

There's some more info about urine infections on the NHS website here: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Urinary-tract-infection-adults/Pages/Introduction.aspx

It says..
    If you develop a UTI, you're likely to feel:
    • pain or a burning sensation when urinating (doctors refer to this as dysuria)
    • a need to urinate often
    • pain in the lower abdomen (tummy)

Another option for you would be to call 111 - you can speak to a nurse who will be able to advise you :)

Let us know how you're doing.
    Hey @CrazyCat how's you feeling now?
    Hope you're feeling better x
    Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it.

@Jo7 I do think your right by going to see the doctor about this just in case there's anything I dont know or the problem that I had with having either a urine infection or weak bladder has come back.

I have not noticed anything unsual apart from having to go to the toilet too often every time I just have a small drink. I'm not experiencing any pain or discomfort when going to the toilet but it's just having to go there too often is the problem.

The last thing I want is to get dehydrated so that's why I drink little and often not to.

I don't think Im experiencing anything else.

It's starting to show to the people around me asking why I'm using the toilet so much or why do I keep flushing. I don't know what to do.

@K-Dwagg yh I'm ok now thanks. Not trying to drink little and often much anymore but it's like having a small drink makes go to the toilet.

I dont know if things have improved yet but people are starting to notice that I keep using the toilet and I have to keep flushing.

I dont know what to do
    I suffer with severe bladder problems and have done for about 16 years and I am slowly starting to get help with it now. I am not sure what the problem could be for you here but it is a really good idea that you visit your doctor again xx
    Thank you for your reply AngelFace97.

It's really good to know that I'm not on my own and you understand where I'm coming from so thank you so much.

I think I might have to see the doctor about this as its getting noticeable and need help. I dont know if it could be a urine infection or weak bladder bit not experiencing any symptoms.

I'm glad you have managed to get that sorted out with you.

x