Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Arthritis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people.......basically I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience of rheumatoid arthritis. I'm 17, and might have it.....I've seen my consultant once so far, and she can't say for sure that it is r.a, but equally she can't say that it isn't r.a! A bit of a pain in the ar#e though....at least if I knew what it was I could do something about it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Tates,

I dont have any experince with r.a but can relate to what you are going thru with getting a diagnosis. I have m.e and it was a long process to diagnose. Most of all I remember how frustrating and scary it was not knowing, with being really ill and no name to it, made life pretty difficult at the time, School didnt understand and therefore couldnt help in the way they should of, I got treated as a truant and had to convince them I wanted to stay and finnish my education on a part time basis, yes! I had them shove a leaving form infront of me which I refused to sign. Its hard, eh. Once you have a name to what's wrong you can get the ball rolling, start to deal with it, get the right treatments, get any support or benifits you may be intitled to etc. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon! Hang in there.
    (p.s sorry if i got rambling abit there, im on strong pain killers tonight woho)
    :) Thanks for the reply hun, it's good to have someone to talk to. I guess you're right.....things'll get easier with a diagnosis. Sorry to hear about your m.e, must be really tough...like the sound of the part time education though!! ;) Feeling pretty good tonight, cos I passed my driving test today, so that means less walking, and less sore joints in my feet!! Yippee!! Thanks again!! Katie xxx
    Congrats on passing your driving test! What a sense of freedom that brings eh:)