Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

fat = trace (WHAT!?!?!?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya
ive got some thing to ask do you know when you eat something and its got that chart where it says what protein and carbohydrates there is in what you are eating. when it says fat and then says trace! what does that mean?
hope that makes sense. its just i was reading it today and i didnt know what it meant! thank you luv jai x :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dont know

hi
    this aint gonna help you but ive always wondered that aswell. i really hope someone is going to answer this question! luv charnz x
    Trace= very little. Less than 1 gram.
    one of the mysteries in life explained!

in other words they can't actually be arsed to find out exactly how much there ishomercrawl.gif
    Katy's got it.

You're not counting how much fat is in the foods are you? *shakes head*
    It's the littleist amount they can't measure it, so probably a lot less than one gram in the end
    Originally posted by Smirnoff_Ice
    It's the littleist amount they can't measure it, so probably a lot less than one gram in the end

Depends on how big the whole packet it is, it is typically something assumed to be statistically insignificant compared to all the other constituants.
    Officially, if there is greater than nothing but less than 0.1g per 100 g i.e 0.1% then it's classified as a trace.