Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

im going to cry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i dont know whats wrong with me. Ive got my english a-level exam tomorrow and i am shitting myself an unbelievable amount. I never normally get like this and im getting so stressed! i feel completely unprepared and feel like just bursting into tears. Chances are the questions i get i will have no idea on and i can just see myself crying right in the middle of the exam:(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    deep breaths. It's beyond your control now so try not to worry about it... If you relax and get a good night's sleep you'll do better. (thath's the recieved wisdom, anyway... I always end up staying up too late and drinking coffee!)
    If you have any specific questions I might (might....) be able to help, if it's about Lear, Gulliver's Travels, Candide, or Rape Of The Lock - or you could try me if there's aynhting else, you never know - but I'm sure it's juts nerves cos it's such an important exam. Just try and keep it in perspective. Best thing to do if you really feel nervous now is learn some quotes off by heart associated with themes in the books - that can be really useful, and it'll make you feel better for doing something productive.

Let me know how it goes! good luck
  • Options
    Originally posted by Prufrock
    deep breaths. It's beyond your control now so try not to worry about it... If you relax and get a good night's sleep you'll do better. (thath's the recieved wisdom, anyway... I always end up staying up too late and drinking coffee!)
    If you have any specific questions I might (might....) be able to help, if it's about Lear, Gulliver's Travels, Candide, or Rape Of The Lock - or you could try me if there's aynhting else, you never know - but I'm sure it's juts nerves cos it's such an important exam. Just try and keep it in perspective. Best thing to do if you really feel nervous now is learn some quotes off by heart associated with themes in the books - that can be really useful, and it'll make you feel better for doing something productive.

Let me know how it goes! good luck

thanx mate ill probably do that learning quotes thing. Im doing Merchant of Venice and Women Romantic Poets:confused: . I was just reading your profile and you're born the day after me:)
  • Options
    weird about the birthdays. I know fuckall about women romantic poets...I was in MoV a couple of years ago as Gratiano and I seriously doubt I know anything of any use about that either. Ony thing I can remember is that the director said they were all bastards, not just shylock.