Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clearing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What is clearing like has anyone done it? Is it a mad panic or well organised? Do u get to look around the unis?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's usually done very rapidly. Birmingham university gets about 20 - 30 000 phone calls in the first week, if not more. Essentially, you have to ring universities and deal over the phone. You don't get to look round, you have to go with gut instinct.

If you suspect you may be in clearing, it's a good idea to have a think about what other universities you may like, or what other courses you will take if you don't get the grades.

That said, I'm sure it's panic for nothing, and that you'll be absolutely fine!

DJP.
  • Options
    Think about where you want to go and send an email to the admissions department NOW asking if there is likely to be places in clearing. Remember you will be at uni for 3/4 years so don't make a decision you may regret. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Here's my tip for when the results come out and you are searching for that place at uni (Ive done it so i know):

The line will probably be busy so dial it once and if it is engaged, hang up and do a quick redial. Keep doing this over and over again until you get connected. I did it for 15 mins for my mate for his uni place and 4 hours straight when trying to get England tickets in Euro 96!
  • Options
    article here :)

gah - go on holiday for a week and everything's changed...and that's why i had to edit this... :confused: