Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another messenger problem...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well basically a guy blocked and deleted me from his list, and asked me to block and delete him as well. As I didn't see any reason to keep him there, I did.

Now he sends me e-mails on a regular basis saying that I he gets requests from me, wanting to add him, and that I should leave him alone right away.

I am SURE that I have blocked and deleted him, and I am even more SURE that I havn't requested him to add me.

Is it just him, having too much time on his hands, and lying? Or is there a reason for why he keeps getting those requests?

Comments

• Options
    Are you referring to MSN messenger Jacqueline? Cos if so, it might not be this guy's fault... it's been doing some strange things lately.

Like being inaccessible for hours on end (I've had a "Site unreachable" message three times this week!). And a mate, who has two linked pcs for him and his wife, showed me both working simultaneously with different online status for the same people the other night!

So it might be a glitch with their server. That said, it's been fine tonight while I've been chatting to friends!

Maybe e-mail your messenger provider and ask, they'd ptresumably know if a problem like yours was occurring.
  • Options
    msn has been fucking up a lot lately.

i often find myself signed out automatically...not to mention the times when im online and my messages wont get through (although i doesnt tell me they arent getting through) so i think im being ignored out of spite. THEN theres the times when someone laughs at something i said 15 minutes ago and its only just got through to them.

ME: hello? can you see me yet?

Friend: lol!

Friend: yeah i love eggs.

Friend: i fell off my brothers bike today!

Friend: never mind, im sure your teachers wont find out.

Friend: ummm...hello???

lol and believe it or not this kinda thing happens a lot...messages not arriving, arriving late and jumbled up too.
  • Options
    msn can be a bit weird some times. i hate that bloody photo virus spread thru msn
  • Options
    Originally posted by dappa_don
    msn has been fucking up a lot lately.

I was told yesterday that their main server was hit by a virus a week or two ago. They have been trying to get things back up to scratch, but as soon as they resolve one problem another appears... in other words, they've been fighting a losing battle.

Perhaps this explains the recent erratic behaviour of msn?
  • Options
    Jacq, change your password and secret question as soon as you can. This sort of thing is usually the result of someone messing around with your account.