Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Muslim religion

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Out of interest, how many of you actually know any Muslim people?
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Out of interest, how many of you actually know any Muslim people?

This is a British teen website...Im pretty sure that 95% of us will have gone to school with muslim kids
    ?

What the fuck is a going on?

I go away for a few days, I come back and this has happened........... :eek: :confused:

What are the benefits of the new system apart from seeing who is on? :)
    Originally posted by Nice Kick
    I don't like Islam and I think the UK should restrict the number of Muslim schools and Mosques (their temples), since the religion itself is a threat to the security of the UK.

Thats true !

When have you ever seen an Arab country allow Christians to build a big Church or Cathedral so that they can practice their religion ?
    Try not to be idiots, it helps the debates.....:rolleyes:

Restricting religious freedoms is a policy of governments not of individuals and thus is a ridiculous argument to use against individual Muslims.....

As for your ignorance of Arab countries....

Many of these countries have large and very ancient Christian communities as the near east is the home of Christianity.......
    Originally posted by Balddog
    This is a British teen website...Im pretty sure that 95% of us will have gone to school with muslim kids

Well, from the majority of comments, it doesn't seem like it.
    Judging an entire community on the actions of a minority is ridiculous. Are all Christians terrorists because of the Northern Irish situation?

Well, from the majority of comments, it doesn't seem like it.
    Judging an entire community on the actions of a minority is ridiculous. Are all Christians terrorists because of the Northern Irish situation?

Hello and welcome to several pages ago.
    OK, well I did only skim read it...

But it seems that a lot of the opinions on here don't seem to come from personal experience, they seem to come straight out of the pages of the tabloid press.
    The Muslim's I know are all lovely peaceful people, and the women are certainly not oppressed!
    OK, well I did only skim read it...

But it seems that a lot of the opinions on here don't seem to come from personal experience, they seem to come straight out of the pages of the tabloid press.
    The Muslim's I know are all lovely peaceful people, and the women are certainly not oppressed!

What percentage of the muslim religion live in western nations? Most muslims that grow up in the UK, Europe or the US are moderate and dont oppress their women. Islam is the largest growing religion on earth and most dont live in western nations.
    I can think of several reasons why the Christian faith should be banned as well... If one wants to eradicate oppressive religions there would hardly be any left- the three main ones being the biggest culprits
    Originally posted by Aladdin:
    I can think of several reasons why the Christian faith should be banned as well...
    Care to enlighten us?
    as religions go, the version of Christianty which is practiced now isn't harsh or strict at all, and when was the last time we waged a war in the name of God?
    When you say 'we' I take it you mean the west.....

I don't think there has ever been a war fought for purely religious reasons but it adds to the hate and could cause an escalation in violence or later trouble.....
    Originally posted by Paul_2

Unlike Christ he was a violent man

:rolleyes: I think you better look at this.
    Originally posted by haukyn
    One cannot assume from someone's religious beliefs their attitudes towards women.

Or indeed to anything at all. But, suppose one were to point out to someone (a Christian, say) just what the Bible had to say on a particular subject (women's rights, say) and still that person wished to be called a Christian? If that person's faculties were all in place, one could only assume that he/she agreed with the Bible's sentiments on women.
    Diesel,
    I am not backing anyone but please read my words.
    I was so sorry when I read your comment on milosovic. I was involved in the conflict as a member of NATO forces. unfortunately you completely didnt understand or forgot the logic behind it.
    Stop blaming muslim world for what extremists do. These people are completely out of the way. Have you studied the way of life in muslim countries with western SECULAR governments and education systems? where women is treated as an equal being. No religious laws are in effect. Education is with latin letters and the judicial system is western? That is what I observed in Turkey.. Quite unfortunately that was also the case in Bosnia before milasovic. now they are trying to recover but they do not know what to do with the raped women and the babies from serbian soldiers. Algeria is another example.
    So please do not let your anger blow your mind and put you in the same place with the brainwashed muslim extremist terrorists. Did you know that these countries I named above have extremist muslim underground groups fighting against their own country to set up rejimes like taliban or the one is Iran. Muslim killing muslim. Think about it and dont just listen to your media. Read both sides of the issue.
    Originally posted by J:
    Things didn't go wrong when the bible was first written, but in the subsequent translations and copying processes.
    How do you know whta the first edition of the bible read like?
  • MonkeyboyMonkeyboy Posts: 3 Newbie
    it had a flysheet saying "Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is pureley coincidental."
    must have got lost somewhere, over the years
    ;)