Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sunburn...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay here's hoping someone can answer this? I have something of a passion for the Med in summer, and normally end up there most years. But the one thing which bugs me is coming home and my skin flaking off a bit at a time!

I'm not that fair-skinned, though I do seem to burn easily. I take all the usual precautions - high factor sunscreen etc but it still happens!

So does anyone know a way round this problem? Should I use an even higher factor sunscreen (on f30 at the moment) or is there anything I can apply when I get home like a cream or similar to prevent this?

Any help greatly appreciated:)

Comments

• Options
    do what i do, sleep under coaches???
  • Options
    Banana Boat do a great pure aloe vera gel, it's great for sunburn and helped me not not 'flake' afterwards. There are some products avaliable on the market like pills or pre tanning creams which are to use/take before you go on holiday, they help to prepare the body for over exposure to UV rays and will help the skin to produce lots of melanin (sp?) I used it last year and it really worked for me although it is a bit girly I would def recommend it for people with skin which burns easily :cool:
  • Options
    I don't tend to burn (it's happened to me once) but when I'm at altitude I wear something like factor 70, and still manage to get a tan. Wear high strength suncreams, you can get a tan, and it doesn't take all that much longer...