Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

morning after pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I the 26th I had unprotected sex for the first time while due to start my period, about eight hours later I went and get the morning after pill but was really hungover and was sick both an hour before and an hour after taking it. because of this I had to take another which I did but not while the 28th about two and a half days later decreasing the chances of it working. It's been a week and I've still not had my period or any bleeding, what do I do🙈😔

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hey itrytobegraceful,

It's true that the efficacy of the morning after pill does decrease the longer you take it after having sex.

The morning after pill contains really strong hormones (because that's what counteracts the egg being fertilised) but in doing so affects your cycle. This coupled with your stress about the situation could lead to your period being delayed.

If your period hasn't come by the middle of next week, you could speak to your doctor to get some reassurance and advice.