Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can I Just Talk?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if this is exactly what people do here, but I just want to talk. Uh... so, sob story time?

It all started a while ago when I was ten. My mother died, which really screwed me up for the next year. It was difficult for my dad and siblings to take care of me (my dad had a lot of important business trips and my siblings had school) They tried really hard, but as it happened, there were long hours when I was left to my own, and I would generally sit in a dark room and do nothing, basically (lovely, no?)

I did move to England to stay with some relatives of mine, but after three years, I have basically fallen right back into the same trap. I don't tell people about how I feel; my relatives don't realize that I'm still depressed. Most of the time, I can cope with stuff like that, but I'm not a strong person. Being cheery, as much as I try to, doesn't always work.

So, uh, yeah. I could type paragraphs, but I'll leave this for now.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you ever sort expert help? It sounds to me like just talking it all out would really help.
    I don't feel like I am ready to yet, I guess :P Again, I'm a pretty weak person.

I've never sought expert help. I always feel like I can deal with it, mostly, I guess :P
    Bonfia wrote: »
    I don't feel like I am ready to yet, I guess :P Again, I'm a pretty weak person.

I've never sought expert help. I always feel like I can deal with it, mostly, I guess :P

What makes you feel like you're not ready?
    I don't really know... I just don't feel ready to admit to others, I guess...

Sorry for the cryptic answer... that's the best I got :P
    It's understandable
    Haha, I don't talk about it a lot I guess :P
    Hi there, it's really good that you managed to reach out on here for support.

You seemed to of had a difficult up bringing which doesn't go unnoticed. This has effected you ever since and I'm sorry to hear that it has.

Are you in touch with your dad and siblings still? Are you living with them? Sorry I'm not sure wether you mentioned that you moved back there after things weren't going well with your other relatives or your living on your own now.

I know that you can't open up to anyone about how you feel because it's really for you to do that. Do you think writing down your feelings on a bit of paper or talking to someone online like this one help? I don't know if talking to a counsellor might help

Things will get easier and remember that your not on your own.

You might find these websites helpful

www.recoveryourlife.co.uk

www.befrienders.co.uk

www.7cupsoftea.co.uk

www.mind.org.uk

I hope that helps x
    I am in touch with my dad and siblings; actually I'll be moving back soon, which I really really want (and I don't want to screw it up by suddenly having a mental disorder, which is part of the reason why I'm not talking) I have a great relationship with my dad and siblings, so now that I am old enough to look after myself and the situation has changed, I can go back :)

People have had more difficult upbringings than me :)

EDIT: That came out a mess, sorry :P
    You have had a hard life two. Why is that you think other people have? That's not true

It's good that your still in contact with your siblings and your dad. You talk to them which is good though this takes time. Have you spoken to them since?

You managed to speak to us which is great but there are people who can help you in your own time. Maybe think speaking to someone

Did you have a look at these

www.recoverurlife.co.uk

www.befrienders.co.uk

www.7cupsoftea.co.uk

www.mind.org.uk

Remember were here if you wanna talk x
    Did you have a look at those sites? Were they helpful or?

Remember were here if you wanna talk. You dont have to be on your own. I hope that at some point there maybe someone to talk to.

I'm here if you wanna talk

CrazyCat x
    Hi! Thanks for all the messages :) I really appreciate it, and the sites do help!
    That's really good to hear :)

I'm glad that's helped you and the sites are there whenever you need them remember.

Remember were here if you wanna talk

CrazyCat x