Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nervous breakdown

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi My name is Clive and i am new to this site and i am hopping that i can get some help with this.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Clive, welcome to the site. This is a friendly community who won't judge anyone in what they say or what they do but we all try and help if possible. There is always someone u can talk to and if ur worried about anything then u can speak to one of the moderators who are very helpful and will support u.

Is there anything on ur mind right now? Are u experiencing any form of Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Isolation or Social Anxiety? If so where is this happening as u could be feeling any of those feeling some where.

Also are u getting any support from a doctor or counseller?

Remember were here if u wanna talk x

CrazyCat
    Hi, Things have just got to a point were i don't know what to do, this is one of the things are happening at this moment, I have been looking for a house to move into been looking for over two months and i have to out of this house tomorrow but no were to go there are just no houses up for rent, my landlord has not been the best person he has been very abusive and made loss of threats.
    That must be difficult for u. I can understand that there maybe be some other problems occurring which u don't want to get into yet but moving house seems to be of them.

Did u have a copy of the contract when u moved in and signed? When did it say the length of time and date u can remain in ur house? Sorry if this is more about home and money advice but wanted to find out the agreement u had with ur landlord.

I do think from whatever time it said u can remain in property ur landlord was aware of this before and for whatever reason u two had an agreement and it sounds u would of had to be prepared at the time to find some where else to live, I don't mean to sound harsh but that was agreed with u and ur landlord. Knowing u had two months to find somewhere I see why hes acting the way he is but that doesn't mean he should go about it like that. Your landlord isn't allowed to abuse or threat his tenants. That's agsnust the law! May be able to take appropriate action if someone who was living there was refusing to move out but not the above. Have u spoken to the police? Has he been threatening again?

When did u last see ur landlord? Would u be able to talk to him further if u just needed some advice? As ur still living there I don't see why u cant do that. Maybe going through the contract again and asking him questions whatever is on ur mind can help u to move forward with having a back up plan what ur going to do.

You said u been looking for two months? Why has it been a couple of months? I presume u were looking everywhere for a place to rent but nothing suitable came up at the time only didn't u go and view any of potential houses u seem to of liked even if u werent sure? I don't know from what u said if u were on the council list or looking to buy a house to rent.

Have u spoken to any friends or family about this? and if so wether u can stay at there's for a bit unroll u find so where. I don't Know if this would help but could get find some temporary accommodation for the time being? Maybe getting in touch with the helpline Shelter to provide u with accommodation or The Salvation Army. What do u think? Also I dont know wether ur seeing a doctor or counseller at the moment but are u with The Crisis Team or Mental Health Team? If so wouldn't they be able to help u go finding a shared accommodation somwhere. Do u have an organisation where u are called The Together Trust?

Its worth getting in touch with either of those and see what happens then but in the mean time could u call ur family or friends and see if they can help?

Remember ur not on ur own and there are other people going through the same thing.

Keep reaching out

CrazyCat x
    No I can't family 5500 mils away and so are friends to far, I have to many things,son and pets. I don't no why but all the estates agents are saying that there are no houses about don't no the reason. Work and my sons college is near and can't move any to far from college. I am also trying to finish my Level 3 diploma course in squash so this is just not the house it's everything built up.
    Maybe as I said before that u can look into temporary accommodation not far from u and ur son. There maybe further support u can access in the mean. Having a look The Salvation Army might be a good one. There must be one near u? You could The Citizens Advice Bureu and get some advice and support and they maybe be able to put u in touch with someone.

That's a shame ur family and friends don't live near u but u know if things do get difficult then u could always contact them and think about staying there for a few days. That's only if things did get difficult then. Have u spoken to ur son about he what thinks?

You want to carry on at college and ur son being at school. I do think finding temporary accommodation would be best for u right now and thinking about the other support u can get in the mean time might be helpful two.

Are u seeing a doctor or counseller at the moment?

x
    Clive wrote: »
    No I can't family 5500 mils away and so are friends to far, I have to many things,son and pets. I don't no why but all the estates agents are saying that there are no houses about don't no the reason. Work and my sons college is near and can't move any to far from college. I am also trying to finish my Level 3 diploma course in squash so this is just not the house it's everything built up.

Hi Clive and welcome to theSite :)

Sounds like a lot of pressure and stress at the moment. Do you have anyone offline that you can talk too as well? We're here for you 24/7 365 days but many people find that additional support from a physical person can be benefitial too.

You mentioned you have a son and pets, is it possible you could look into emergency housing and see if they can offer a temporary placement nearby to accomodate for you, family and education?
    Similarly there might be a hostel nearby that you could go to where you can stay.

Have a look on theSite boards at money and housing sections, there may be some more useful links there.

Here are a few I found:

https://www.gov.uk/homelessness-help-from-council

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness/emergency_accommodation_if_homeless

If it's an option, maybe a few nights at a hotel or B&B could help give you time to find a longer term stay wihtout worrying about shelter. Maybe your son could stay at a friends house for a little bit until things a more in place? Additionally, could your dogs be looked after by a friend or a kennel?

Let us know how things are going. :)
    Its not that easy i have lost of things that are going on, I am a sports coach and start coaching next week, besides having a son and pet i have sports equipment and one more thing i haven't got that much money i have been out of work for over three months.

I just want to give up. This is just to much.
    Could you keep the sports equipment perhaps at the venue you work at for a while maybe?

What's happening today?
    No Because i work in schools and carry things around with me and there is just no space in the club to leave it also there is a matter of keeping it safe.

I have looked at all the ways to try and make it work, I have asked so many people i have even told my doctor were i am and he just tells me that i must keep taking pills even though they make me sick.

Still looking for a place to go and houses but i am only one person and the pressure is to great i feel like that my head want to explode, I have never been like this and i have tried all the things that i have done in the past and they don't work anymore the pressure is to great.

I need help. PS i have tried to smile but it won't come out.
    Hi Clive, this doesn't sound easy for u right now and as u got a son it must even harder.

Have u thought about what was suggested to u which was seeking help from The Shelter, The Salvation Army, Citizens Advice and The Together Trust? Maybe ur get more support from them then u would anywhere else.

There seems to be lake of support for u and I think gettting in touch with them will provide u and ur son with local accommodation. You should say what ur saying to us and that u can't leave where u are as ur son is in school and u with commitments etc. They would hopefully take that on board and look for local accommodation around ur area.

I know u only been to see the doctor but in terms of looking after urself it's good that ur doing that and even if u dont like taking the medication u know it's helping a bit. Could u speak to ur doctor for further advice?

Im not sure what's happening now but have u got in touch with anyone like ur family or friends. Where are u?

Keep reaching out on here x
    Hi, The council don't have anything nor does the shelter, I haven't got hold of the CAB i didn't think they could help, as to my family they are to far away. I know that the pill are there to help but they make me sick and worse. I am so stressed right now i can't think strait and don't know were to turn.

Not good.

Thank you for all your info i only wish that it came sooner not now when i can think strait.
    You could try The Citizens Advice Bueru. I'm sure they provide legal advice on anything including money, employment, separation, homelessness etc. I think they could put u intouch with a support service who can help u and ur son find immediate accommodation. You could either go in and see them or ring them before hand.

What about the helpline Mind? There more based on emotional and wellbeing but I think do cover a whole range of advice. You could call them or go on there website to find out more. Are u sure that the council or Shelter don't have anything? If not u could always ask them to keep u up to date with anything what comes up. The Salvation Army is a good one as that's like Shelter.

I think when u see the doctor that u tell him that ur not getting on well with the medication and see if there's an alternative. You could ask wether he could put u intouch with The Crisis Team or Mental Health Team for further support. Yh

I said ur family and friends because it would be a good idea to ring them or visit them when u can for a few days and tell them what's been going on.

That's why when u see ur doctor again that u can ask them to put u in touch with them so that u can get more support. What do u think?

I'm here if u wanna talk x